how to safely remove fish without dismantling tank?

giants4pc

I need to get rid of 2 angels that are beginning to worry me. I have a whitecheek and rusty angel species. It's a 110 gallon with close to 300lbs of live rock. I don't have the time, patience, or willingness to move the rock and essentially take the tank apart. Anyone have any suggestions for how to remove these guys while basically keeping the tank in tact?

bob a.

The worst fish I have to try and catch is the queen angel. Smartest and most evasive fish. If there is any rock that it could hide behind, it would. Sorry to say, unless you can catch them out in the open at night when they are docile, it wont be pretty.

thegriffin

A very small fish hook with the barb filed off, a length of fishing line, and a peice of its favorite food. Catch and release
At least that sounds like the funnest way

scubatiffy

Good luck to you! It took me three weeks to catch a yellow damsel I have. I finally had to move all the coral to one side of the tank and the lr to the other. Sorry- I know that's not the news you wanted to hear. I tried leaving the net in the tank for a while so he got use to it- caught some snails. Tried a coke bottle with the top cut off and fliped around w/ bait- cause my emerald crab. Also got a nice little bite while trying to fish him out of his hiding space!
I send you lots of luck!!!!

scubatiffy

take a coke bottle- either a big one or a small one depending on the size of the fish and tank- cut the top part off and flip it around so it makes a funell. You may have to cut the lid off so the hole is bigger for the fish. I actually melted the funel part onto the bottle so it stayed. Throw some food in it- something that won't float- and hope they're smart enough to find it. I don't know if your fish are too big to fit in the hole. Do a search for fish traps. There seem to be a lot of people with our troubles!
GOOD LUCK! : )

debbie

Like mentioned wait till the tank has been in the dark for a while. Using a flashlight to just see what you are doing in you go and it should be quite easy. I did this when I had a freshwater cichlid tank and lots of rock in it. I always caught them.....