How to set up my protein skimmer

giantregal

i have had this protein skimmer for a year now, and i have not set it up because i can not figure the ---- out!
it is a weird one
here is the front of it it is made by seaquest

it has a pipe going in on the side that goes to the main tank
and another pipe going through the front that goes into the down tube

here i show the 2 nipples the skimmer has
one on the part that goes into the side , and the other on the overflow tank that contains the excess proteins
i basically want to know how to set it up to work, i have a pump, and i can get air to it just fine, but i have tried and tried but still can not figure it out on my own,
any help would be great , and if i was not clear enough please ask questions

rbmount

ALLRIGHT! A Gamecock can tell a Tiger something!!!!
Just kidding ya. I cant tell a wlole lot from the pics, but I'll take a stab. You want your water to exit the skimmer thru the tube that runs from the bottom of the inside of the skimmer. That is the discharge. The white

[hr]
, is it on the collection cup? If so a piece of clear plastic tubing attaches to it to go to an external collection container( I use a 2ltr coke bottle). The black one may be for air to be sucked in to make the bubbles.

rbmount

This is my skimmer, the white pvc elbob you can see is where the water starts to exit the shimmer. It's down low to keep bubbles from exiting to the tank,filter etc.

rbmount

Here, the line running to the coke bottle is the collection cup overflow( your white

[hr]
) the black tube is the air intake to the skimmer( your black

[hr]
mine goes directly to the pump ) and you can see where the air-water mix goes in.(the white 90 deg tube entering the side of the skimmer) I can't tell on yours but it should enter at the mid to upper level on the main body on yours. I hope this helps you. If not let me know, maybe I can explain better.

h2oengr

Seriously, I wish I could offer help, but I'm not familiar with the Seaquest . . . Good luck Giant Regal! :)

tony detroit

The pipe that goes all the way to the bottom will be your outlet, it does that so air bubbles do not go into the main display water, the other pipe is your inlet.

zap800

we are boom ,boom, penn state............we are boom , boom, penn state. roarrrrrrrrrrrrrr lol.
i had to

rbmount

Originally posted by GiantRegal
nah ive just been busy, ill pounce on you when i feel the time is right ;)

Probably at football season...........................................................again