How to silicone between baffles?????

mugg1977

If you are building a sump/fuge with 1" baffle spacing, how in the heck do you get both sides of the middle baffle siliconed? FYI, I am using 1/4" GLASS for the baffles (not plexi). For the life of me, I can not figure out how to even get silicone in the 1" gap, much less use my finger or a tool to smooth it??

sciknen

i just did mine..and by the 3rd baffle i could do only one side... mine isnt pretty but it works look in my build thread

aquaknight

Silicone the center one (raised) in normally. Then mark and draw a line where the outer two are going. Silicone a strip down the line, slide the glass into the silicone, secure the glass panel, and then silicone the other side of glass. Repeat for the other panel.

You have to be fairly quick, plan out how you're going to secure the glass beforehand. I used encyclopedia books which also provided the correct spacing (and finally did something other then collect dust lol).

mugg1977

Thanks for the ideas! I was going from end to end, and wanted to make sure the if I had to, only one side would suffice! I assume that there will be some capillary action anyway, so the one side should work. I'm thinking jewel cases for the spacing (3 or 4 depending).
Thanks again! Great help!