How To Take Paint Of Of Acrylic???????????

stonedage

:cheer:
YAY I am sooo happy that it is going to work out for you!!!! So seeing as the paint came off with rubbing alcohol it was latex base and not oil base paint, that is a great surprise!!!
SA

goingpoor

brack fluid put it on let it set for awhile then just wipes right off.....actually i put it on about 3 or 4 times and let it set for a few hours but the paint was pretty thick but it defanutly works

ninjamini

I would try to steam it off. I would never put any chemical on my tank. It just seems like a bad idea.
I would learn to like it. I dont think your going to get it off good enough and your just going to make a mess.
Thats what you get in a "Good deal"

goingpoor

its looking good to me almost all off,ill make sure to clean it really good its not getting to the inside of the tank at all... :jumping:

goingpoor

took me all day but its off

know me and my brother went and painted just the back black on my second coat its looking really good,probably will need another coat

will update when tanks setup next is building my canapy and redoing stand so it can be staind to match my new floor.my hard wood floors are getting done this week so next week will be the project of setting it up,thank you all for the help exspecialy stonedage

joejubee

Thanks for the post... I was looking for the same answer, and I found it here. Kudos!
I'm going to try the -- Fuel method 1st since I have it laying around.
Joe

I would be real careful on what chemicals you put on plastics, I know that if you put brake clean on polycarbonate it makes the whole sheet brittle instantly. Polycarbonate is strong stuff till brake clean hits it.

acrylic51

I have to agree with the brake fluid being a bad idea.....Very bad IMHO.....If you would have contacted any acrylic tank builder they would have told you the exact same thing.....You actually "toy" with the acrylic properties with chemicals....Your not even suppose to use windex, rubbing alcohol and such.....Hope all turns out well.