How to value a new Cadillac...

blueberryboomer

From someone that just traded in a 1999 Cadillac DeVille with only 40,000 miles on it, and in awesome condition ,they don't hold there value at all. We traded it in on a 2002 Esclade and didn't get crap for it. I'm sure we would have gotten alot more for it if we would have sold it outright ourselves, but my hubby is disabled and he didn't want me to have to deal with any crazied that might have come looking at it. Go figure I went into the dealership the day after we got the Esclade and they we're writing up the deal on my DeVille, I don't think they even had it on the lot yet. I'm sure they sold it for quite abit bit more than they gave us.
Great veichles though. Loved the DeVille, but the Esclade is amazing!
Lisa

scubadoo

Originally Posted by jhill5
i was just saying that if you bought the car new now, it would be 3 years old in 1 year. So I think it should be valued as used, if not it will depreciate even faster.
It is a used car. Car dealerships just use this to their advantage. They make you THNIK it is some how superiror to other "used" vehicles. The laws of states should be changed to prevent dealerships from being able to even attach/use the word new on a vheicle that has been used. The FTC definition of new is appropraite. The fact that it has yet to be titled should not be considered.
JMO