. These are the fish I want:
2 False Percula Clownfish
1 Balck & White False Percula Clownfish
1 Blue Hippo Tang
1 Yellow Tang
1 Sailfin Tang
1 Blue Linckia Starfish
1 Orange Linckia Starfish
I know pretty much what to feed them but if anyone has the fish on my list can u explain how u feed ur fish, what is their diet, how often do you feed them a day, & is their a certain schedule you go by?

flower

I change what I feed my fish ever once in a while just to mix things up. (spelling???} Brine shrimp, myssis shrimp, spuralina... However I use frozen foods.
I melt the food in a disposable cup in RO water, then I pour it into a fishnet and rinse with RO water. Then I feed the fish by swishing the net in the tank.
Frozen food has phosphates I was told so I rinse it before use. My phosphate level is almost nothing so it must work.
P.S.
I also feed my anemone and brittle star fish...a chunk of raw shrimp once a week..my fish share what they can get before the stars get to it, a couple of seconds LOL.

flower

Here is the list:
1 lawnmower Blenny
2 reg clowns
1 Hippo Tang
1 Blue spotted Kole Tang
1 Anthia
4 flame cardinals
1 Sleeper sandsifting goby
2 huge brittlestars
Pink tube anemone
CUC = 2 sally light foot crabs
hermit crabs
snails

stanlalee

Originally Posted by ShawnAnthony
http:///forum/post/3044464
NewB here
1 Blue Hippo Tang
1 Yellow Tang
1 Sailfin Tang
1 Blue Linckia Starfish
clownfish can be fed every other day. be sure to include some food with algae in it from time to time, not just carnivorous food. 3 false percs is not a good idea. you will likely end up with two.
tangs need seaweed/nori clips every day. you dont need to worry about any other food for them. they are so greedy they will get more meaty food then they should just from you feeding the clownfish. I use to clip a 3x3" seaweed strip PER TANG a day. that would last about 30 minutes on a slow day. hope you meant a 150g. even one is pushing it in a 75g especially the sailfin.

unleashed

i feed my fish 3-4 times a day(small amounts) sometimes more depending on how often I walk by the tank and they look at me with begging eyes..OK so I'm a sucker for fishy eyes..lol I alternate between spectrum pellets and veggie flakes through the day. every evening I feed a meaty food to my porc puffer small amount to satisfy him.. A couple times a week, I do a full dinner feeding ,a mixture of frozen prepared foods specialized for each fishes needs.
i have several herbivores .making several feeding necessary .
fish I have are
foxface
pair: false percs
4 silver scats(these guys are pigs)
coral beauty
purple psudochromis
yellow tang
midis blenny

unleashed

3 false percs is not a good idea. you will likely end up with two.
actually even sfw.com states when it comes to the false percs they do well in schools its one of the few clown species that will group.. as they do in the wild there will be one female to a group of 6
...The Percula Clownfish, a.k.a. Ocellaris Clown or False PerculaThe Aquacultured Percula Clownfish available from Saltwaterfish.com are bred and raised in captivity, which makes them increasingly hardy when kept in the home aquarium. These fish will accept most fish foods and are perfect for reef tanks. More than one can be kept in the same aquarium and they prefer to be kept in groups.

ophiura

Originally Posted by ShawnAnthony
http:///forum/post/3044464
NewB here
This summer I'm going to setup a 75g reef ready tank
. These are the fish I want:
1 Blue Hippo Tang
1 Yellow Tang
1 Sailfin Tang
1 Blue Linckia Starfish
I know pretty much what to feed them but if anyone has the fish on my list can u explain how u feed ur fish, what is their diet, how often do you feed them a day, & is their a certain schedule you go by?
That is a lot of fish for that size tank. I do hope you will reconsider...for example, the 3 clowns will not be a good mix, and likely one will end up dead.
Linckia seastars are among the most difficult animals we can keep. They CAN NOT be spot fed and will starve in most tanks. It is possible
that you can keep an orange Linckia assuming you will have at least 100lbs of LR...and after the tank is a minimum of 6 months old. The blue Linckia should not be kept in less than a 125, IMO, with 150lbs of LR minimum. Both stars will compete for food and will drive each other into starvation. These stars tend to take a good year to die in our tanks, so please reconsider keeping them. You can not feed them.
Tangs should be provided with regular grazing opportunities including Nori and high quality mature live rock.

stanlalee

Originally Posted by unleashed
http:///forum/post/3045079
actually even sfw.com states when it comes to the false percs they do well in schools its one of the few clown species that will group.. as they do in the wild there will be one female to a group of 6
I didn't say a school wouldn't work but 3 is the the worse possible combination out of one, two or fifteen. you end up with a pair and an odd fish out not a herim like a school.

shawnanthony

Originally Posted by Stanlalee
http:///forum/post/3045296
I didn't say a school wouldn't work but 3 is the the worse possible combination out of one, two or fifteen. you end up with a pair and an odd fish out not a herim like a school.
Ya I meant 1 False Percula Clownfish and 1 Black and White False Percula Clownfish.
However My 75 gallon tank is just to start off with I'll be upgrading in 7months time to a 140 Gallon just enough time to save money for it.