How you Texan's making out?

spiderwoman

It's not the strenght of the hurricane, but the water wall that came with it. I heard in the news that the wind force in downtown Houston was 100mph and windows of all glass highrises were blown into pieces. UGH

darthtang aw

I heard Galaveston mayor said those that stayed behind and didn't head the evacuation call should write their SS number on their wrist for afterwards when clean up happens. They said those that stayed in galveston certainly faced immenant death.

reefraff

Sounds like the backside of the storm was just as nasty as the front. About 4 million without power. I guess western Louisiana got flooded worse than during Katrina.

girlina4x4

my aunt lives about 500 miles away on the mississppi coast and she said early this morning the water there was already chest high and there were swarms of moccasins everywhere. i think i could deal with the water, but have to watch out for snakes scare the bejezzus out of me

bluering09

My backyard fence is gone, a tiny size of my roof is gone, and the neighbors tree fall into one of my cars. Other than that everyone is ok in my house.
The scariest moment for me was at 4:30am or so today. One of the backdoor got bown away and me a my lil brother were trying to come to a conclusion on how we were going to prevent water and other debris inside (we used the couch)
And I m glad to inform that my aunty and her family are ok( They are in Nassa Bay)

1knight164

Originally Posted by bluering09
http:///forum/post/2755511
My backyard fence is gone, a tiny size of my roof is gone, and the neighbors tree fall into one of my cars. Other than that everyone is ok in my house.
The scariest moment for me was at 4:30am or so today. One of the backdoor got bown away and me a my lil brother were trying to come to a conclusion on how we were going to prevent water and other debris inside (we used the couch)
And I m glad to inform that my aunty and her family are ok( They are in Nassa Bay)
Good to hear you made it through safely. Looks like you have power too.

salty blues

We got our young hineys blowed around pretty good here in west central Loiusiana. But we have survived so far. Still under a tornado watch 'till 7 pm.
Power is out at my domicile. Running on portable generator.

bluering09

Question......should I wait till my neighbor picks her tree from my car and driveway, or can I start to shopdown already? I dont think she is home and I was thinking of waiting for insurence purpose but I kinda feel bad for my car.
ps: Yes I do have power...........thank God for Power Companies in the US. If this was back home I would be a year or so without power.

bigarn

call the cops first. have them document the damage and make sure you take pictures. i would think the township should take care of removing the tree, of course you might have to wait.
i'd also notify your insurance company and give them a head's up.

reefraff

http:///forum/post/2755556
Question......should I wait till my neighbor picks her tree from my car and driveway, or can I start to shopdown already? I dont think she is home and I was thinking of waiting for insurence purpose but I kinda feel bad for my car.
ps: Yes I do have power...........thank God for Power Companies in the US. If this was back home I would be a year or so without power.
Get a picture and call your insurance company before you do anything.

bluering09

Funny thing just happened. I went to walk and see what else damage my neighborhood has. Well after helping some ppl cut down a tree that was in the middle of the street I came back home. As I was approching my house I saw the neighboor in the car so I waived at him and pointed to the tree, and I m thinking he was going to get out of the car to come talk to me or something. No he just drove off. I have taking pictures and video. Now I m going to start to use the axe, because somehow I dont feel like being on hold for more than 40minutes.

bionicarm

http:///forum/post/2755720
Funny thing just happened. I went to walk and see what else damage my neighborhood has. Well after helping some ppl cut down a tree that was in the middle of the street I came back home. As I was approching my house I saw the neighboor in the car so I waived at him and pointed to the tree, and I m thinking he was going to get out of the car to come talk to me or something. No he just drove off. I have taking pictures and video. Now I m going to start to use the axe, because somehow I dont feel like being on hold for more than 40minutes.
Are you in Houston or in one of the outlying areas? As of right now, Houston is in what's considered 'Recovery Mode'. All police, EMS, and fireman efforts are directed to recovering and assisting people trapped or in a medical emergency need. If you waited for a policeman to come write up a report for a tree on a car, you'd probably be waiting until sometime late next week at the earliest. Just keep the video and pictures for the insurance company. Adjusters will be so swamped over the next couple months, they'll take that evidence with no problems when you file your claim.

choog

I'm in Waller, about 30-40 miles NW of Houston. We lost power for about 12 hrs today but back on now. Got about 6.5-7" of rain so far and missing quite a few shingles. A lot of branches down everywhere.
Fortunately for Galveston the surge was only about 13.5 feet as apposed to the 20-22 they were expecting. Obviously still devastating but a lot better than 22 feet.
Unfortunately I rented a house down there in 2 weeks for a friends bachelor party that cost about a grand. I'm pretty sure it is gone since it was 100 yards from the beach.
Hopefully everyone is ok down there. I haven't heard much news about many casualties.