Hows my water parameters?

stbknox

Just started this tank about 3 weeks ago, used 50 lbs of living rock from my old tank that was a little over 3 years old, added an additional 40 lbs of living rock. Also used a few scoops of my living sand to mix in with the new living sand. I just adding a clean up crew a few days ago and have 3 fish and 2 anemones, also a brittle starfish from my old tank. Everything is doing fine. I want to start adding some soft corals. Is there any improvements needed with my parameters? Thanks for any help
Ammonia - 0
Nitrite - 0
Nitrate - 10
PH - 8.2
DKH - 10
Phosphate - 0
Calcium - 420
Salinity - 1.025
Temp -78, gets up to about 80.5 with lights on for 6 hrs, I started out with 5 hrs, just moved them to 6 hrs this week, will eventually be up to 8 hrs in 2 weeks, lights are 400 watt MH, reefstar by hamilton, 14000k bulb. I removed the glass top and have a powerhead agitating the surface. It does warm the water about 2.5 degrees but it takes 5 hrs to do this then it levels out, takes all night for it to get back down to 78, is this a problem?

mcbdz

To stablelize your temp I'd up your heater to 80 degrees. Then it sould stop fluctionating(?).
What size tank?
Water looks good, but I think you are going a little fast. Just let things get use to being in there. It's best to only add one thing at a time and let there be 2-3 weeks inbetween.
Soft coral is usually easy but make sure your tank is stabilized with what is in it a few weeks. Then maybe try some mushrooms or leathers. With MH you should light acclimate them unless they are coming out of a tank that has new MH in it. Better safe then sorry though.

stbknox

Originally Posted by mcbdz
http:///forum/post/2564169

To stablelize your temp I'd up your heater to 80 degrees. Then it sould stop fluctionating(?).
What size tank?
Water looks good, but I think you are going a little fast. Just let things get use to being in there. It's best to only add one thing at a time and let there be 2-3 weeks inbetween.
Soft coral is usually easy but make sure your tank is stabilized with what is in it a few weeks. Then maybe try some mushrooms or leathers. With MH you should light acclimate them unless they are coming out of a tank that has new MH in it. Better safe then sorry though.

Its a 54 gallon corner tank. Ill try the idea of setting the temp up and see how it works. Im not going to add anything for a few more weeks. The only reason I am where Im at now is that I used alot of established live rock and a few scoops of live sand from by old tank. I never had a cycle. Thanks

michaeltx

did you add an ammonia source to the tank like fish foods or something. if not you may be sitting on a time bomb so to speak when you go to add fish later on.
Mike

stbknox

Yes, 1 fish has been in there 2 weeks (watchman goby) along with a few snails and a brittle starfish, all from old tank. Just added clean up crew and 2 clowns a couple days ago and they are doing fine. I used some filter media from old tank also along with 50 lbs of live rock and few scoops of living sand all from old tank. I have atotal of 90 - 100 lbs of live rock, 20 lbs of it in the sump. Thanks