Huge Arrow Crab...What now?

My Arrow Crab has gotten enormous. It's probably molted 5-6 times and now is 10-11 inches across. I've read that they can catch and eat fish and other corals, is this true? He is aggressive but has yet to eat a fish or coral. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? Should I trade him in?
Thanks everyone,

morgs

I don't know about fish and corals, but my arrow crab ate plenty of my turbo snails.
Regardless, we took ours back. he was taking over the tank and making all of the other livestock nervous.

maxsmart

How bad are these guys? I've seen them in my LFS with other inverts, they tend to have 1-2 inch ones, and they seem to get along fine with everyone else. They'd been repeatedly recommended for getting rid of my flatworms and bristle worms. I just ordered one from SWF, was this a mistake? I've got a lot of snails, crabs, and shrimp - with urchins, crabs, and scallops on the way... are they in danger?
I kind of impulsively threw one in with my order - I should have first researched them on HERE!

K

king_nothing_

I actually caught my own arrow crabs here in Pensacola, Florida. I got 2 of them and added to my tank a long time ago, and they never really messed with anything. Now, mine were only 5-6 in. each, but they never showed even the slightest agression, and were all my friends' favorite thing in the tank because of the way they would wave their claws in the current to snatch mysis out of the water at feeding time.
I say, if you havent had any problems so far, I'de leave it. thats about as big as they get (supposedly) so its not like hes gonna get much worse. If you like him the way he is and havnt lost any fish yet, I wouldnt worry about it. Most fish stores probably wouldnt want to take it anyway, cause they wouldnt be able to re-sell one that big i think.

spanko

I never wanted one because I read this:
"Stenorhynchus seticornis the Caribbean Arrow Crab. Not to be trusted with small to medium fish tank-mates (may

[hr]
with rostrum, otherwise consume). Safe with hardy native corals and anemones, larger fishes"