Huge Green Carpet Anemone, NOT EATING!?!

moneybags

I just purchased a large Green Carpet anemone, but it is not eating. I have tried feeding it freeze dried shrimp, cyclo-peez, and frozen squid, but nothing enters its mouth. I have another long tentacle anemone that eats great, and loves to be handfed. So I am not sure if it is just trying to get used to the tank and is a little stressed or what. Another thing, he is about 12" total diameter since he opened up the day after I put him in my tank. At the fish store where I bought him he was only about 6-7". So he looks really healthy. Please help!
One more thing, I have two cleaner shrimp that I've had for about 8 months, my Harlequin will eat live guppies and goldfish but won't eat those damn shrimp. They keep picking at the Green Anemone, even after I moved the anemone, the shrimp followed it. It was wierd. Will he eat them eventually?

petjunkie

How long did you acclimate it for and how long has it been in the tank? I would give it a day or two, carpets are touchy and may just be very stressed. Maybe ask in the anemones and clownfish section also.