Huge Leak - I'm Done

I just finished resealing my 72 bowfront last week as one of the seals went bad. Was watching the debates tonight and heard the back crack. I'd estimate the water loss at 2 gallons a minute. I managed to get everything out minus the sand before there was too much damage. The actual back of the tank crack has a hairline crack, so I don't think there is any way to fix it. My fish are in buckets right now along with my live rock. Don't know if everybody made it, or if I crushed anybody rushing the rock in. Regardless, be looking for some stuff in the classifieds shortly...

redspot321

Sorry man,
Ive heard bows and corners can do some funny things. Dont give up. Get a nice reef ready 75 and make sure its level! You cant go wrong!!

mr.clownfish

OOOOOWW that sounds really bad! srry that happened to u! u didnt have to rush the rocks. nothing would have happened to them if they where left out unless u have coral on them. i would get a power head for the buckets with the fish in them, or else they would die.

bama man

Hey man, Sorry to hear about your crash. It sounds like you have luck like mine. What a bummer. Are you not going to try and get another tank? You have been at this a while haven't you? I just got my wet/dry going on a new 72 g tonight. Still need some stuff but I'm not rushing. If I could do anything to help I would. That just stinks.

Thanks for the kind comments everyone. I actually think my aquafuge 2 had a lot to do with it as I just installed it last week. Being in college and all, I was hoping that the tank would set my apartment off without a TON of maintenance. My 55 I started with didn't give me any trouble. But, it looks like it would probably be wise to wait until a later time in life. Soo... for now I have air heads in everything except the tank and a heater with the fish. Not sure what to do from here, I guess I'll figure somethin out in the A.M.

sickboy

Tanks busting out sucks! I haven't had a saltwater one do it, but I had a 40g bust out in my kitchen once.....angelfish swimming on the kitchen floor and all.

keebler

Originally Posted by sickboy
http:///forum/post/2770573
Tanks busting out sucks! I haven't had a saltwater one do it, but I had a 40g bust out in my kitchen once.....angelfish swimming on the kitchen floor and all.
I can imagine saltwater being much worse, not only because you are losing expensive livestock. I remember when I was into freshwater owning some angels. Those guys are one of the coolest fw fish to breed.

gmann1139

Did you buy a new stand for it as well?
Most of the stress that is put on a tank comes from the stand not distributing the weight evenly.

netimreefer

Originally Posted by sickboy
http:///forum/post/2770573
I was there(we were roomates at the time) of course it happened at like 3 am and we pushing water out of the kitchen with a shop broom, on to a floor mat that sickboy was using as a water pail. This went on for about an hour, worst morning ever!!