HUGE Leather

nerdy

Recently (2 weeks ago) I purchased a normal everyday leather coral. In this 2 weeks this leather coral has tripled in size. I add the normal chemicals in my tank (sechem). The only thing that I do differently is add extra Iodide because of my Xenia Polyps and colt coral.
Can anyone tell why it has grown so quickly???

bosco0633

When you first get a coral, they tend to be shriveled a bit. Fingers tend to grow quickly. It probably has not grown any larger, it is just out to its maximum potential.

steve40

I second what bosco0633 said. Just because it looked smaller they do tend to expand and contract alot so it probably didnt grow much just expanded.

bosco0633

I know the LFS that you bought it from. It sucks there. They are lucky they have anything alive in their tanks. Think about it, how many LFS do you go to that sell clams in a tank that is housed with 4non vho light bulbs.

nerdy

This kind of sucks having your best friend on the same post as you. He can make you look like a idiot. Thanks Bosco LOL!!!!!

hairtrigger

Yeah, I have a green bubble. Before I bought it, since the dang thing was a bill, I observed it for about a month in the LFS. Not all at once of course. :D But, when I got it home, about three days later it opened up to triple the size I had ever seen it in the LFS. It is that way now, everyday. Very cool coral. HUGE. :cool: