huge missing patch of scales

i just got home and noticed that my angel has this huge hole on his forhead. can anyone tell me what it is. did something bite him? did my anemone sting him? :help:

how can that big of a spot just pop up in less than 12 hours? i have been battling what i think is HLLE. i am not sure becuase it practically goes away leaving no marks. so that is way i am not sure if that is what he had when i bought him.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
It could be aggression. What other fish do you have in your tank? Can you get a better shot?

He is constantly chasing my diamond goby. I have been contemplating which to remove or how to calm the situation. That is the best shot I can get. Every time he sees the camera he starts swimming around and threw the rocks. I will definitely keep trying but that’s the best for now. How can I correct the aggression issue without removing someone?

sepulatian

Originally Posted by floatingfish
the coral beauty was added first, which wasnt the smartest idea. the diamond goby was added about 3 weeks ago .
Those are the only two fish? What size is your tank? It looks to me, tell me if I am wrong, that the angel has gone headfirst into the rocks a few times trying to get the goby. Did you rearange the rocks. Coral beauties (at least the ones I have had) are not that aggressive though. They are territorial, but not aggressive. Explain what they are like with each other please.

i only have one other fish. it is a clown. he stays to him self. it a 46 gal. the coral beauty just chases him when he is out and the CB is near him. it is usually not that bad but today it seems to be constant. i dont think the CB hit her head, but you never know. ..........oh, and the rock havent changed.

sepulatian

i only have one other fish. it is a clown. he stays to him self. it a 46 gal. the coral beauty just chases him when he is out and the CB is near him. it is usually not that bad but today it seems to be constant. i dont think the CB hit her head, but you never know. ..........oh, and the rock havent changed.
Rearange the rocks. The goby will find a new hiding spot and the angel will be busy finding a new territory. Feed them nutritious foods and add some vitamines (vitachem, zoecon, selcon) to at least one meaty frozen (thawed) formula food per day. She looks fine other than the mark. Keep a close eye on it.

sepulatian

not a problem. thanks for the advice. i get started on it this week.

If you have any questions at all, please feel free to ask