huma huma fat lip

dragracer

I was watching my huma huma cruise around is domian today and I took notice to what looks like a fat lip......thats the first thing that came to my mind. I don't know what it could be. Any guesses?

ryebread

I am not sure, but I know a couple of folks who might have an idea.
I will move this over into the Disease Forum to see if they can help with your Trigger. Any pictures of the fat lip?

armageddon

The only time i've seen a huma with a fat lip is at an LFS. THe huma was in with a large puffer and it bit the huma on the mouth. It healed fairly quickly and now his bottom lip is fat.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Aggression would be my guess. How is the fish doing besides the lip? What are your water readings?

dragracer

First off thanks for the answers........second......It looks like I am impatient, but I posted it in Discussion too, and Rye moved it here. Anywho......all the water tests are right where they should be. As far as aggression.......two possible culprits......big blue leg hermit or fiesty little Domino Damsel. Other than his fat lip, he eats......cruises around the tank and is still.....as usual, rearranging my substrate to his liking.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
My guess would be the damsel. See if you can get a close look at the lip with a magnifying glass to see if there is actually an open wound. For now, lets hope it heals up on its own. Try observing the fish without them noticing that you are checking them out to see if you notice aggression.

dragracer

I will do that. He's a real ham......like attention. He'll come right up to me so I can get good looks at him daily.......hourly.....Thanks Beth