huma huma trigger

rblovell

Hey, I just got a huma huma trigger. He is doing great. What do yall know about them. I'd love to hear the good and bad.

lharm

They are not nice to other fish. Hey, Tampa, do you catch seahorses their. Because theres hermits and seahorses in Tampa.
And Busch Gardens I was their Thursday.

A

alti

i would take him back to the store. these triggers are very actice swimmers and need as much room as possible. mind would swim back and forth across my 90 gal all day. these fish are also crap factories. unless you are planning on doing very frequent water changes on this tank, you'll soon find your nitrates going through the roof. these fish are pretty mellow as far as triggers go, but in such a confined space i think you will probably get a good look at what his strong jaws can do to damsel flesh.
please
please
please
TAKE HIM BACK

ohscc

I agree. I have a huma huma in a 55 gal and i am forced to up grade soon to a 125 because my trigger loves to swim. I know it is hard to take a fish back but you really should research before you buy.

Y

yae4volcom

hahahahhahahahah crap factories lololololol.........i dont like triggers......i dont keep them in a tank but when your fishing they eat all your bait when your trying to catch something else.....like snapper or grouper....there a pain

lharm

Keep the trigger under theese conditoins
1.give him a robe
2.give him a crown
3.feed him when he signals you
J/k

rockface

their great fish, but the best way to explain it is there like a dog that can't be trained. Mine is always into something. The Huma is very fun to watch, but causes 90% of the probelms in my tank, and the tank is 300gal.
You can't put them with many other fish other than aggressive due to the amount of stress they cause to other tank mates.
I wouldn't trade mine for anything, to much fun to watch.