Huma Question

stacyt

I'm thinking about getting a huma, but was wondering if it would get along with my blue throat. Anyone have any ideas? I've had the blue for a few weeks, and he's well established, and about 4". If I get a huma he would be small less than 3".

acez28

My huma huma was cool with my other fish but my hermits were downsized very quickly. He and my sailfin tang actually hung out alot.....but he ate my hermits too fast so i had to get rid of him.

grouperhead

In the 240? It would probably be fine since you have a lot of rockwork. Try to get a humu at least an inch smaller though. Bo

stacyt

He'll be in the 240. I plan on getting him at least, if not more, than an inch smaller. I removed a few of the smaller less aggressive fish from the tank, and decided I want to add a huma.

acez28

Yeah i had mine in a 100gal. He was wierd tho. He has this large hole in the LR which he would sleep in. It wasnt a cave or anything it was just a hole that was big enuff for him to go into. He would just sit in that hole with his tail out.

stacyt

AceZ28,
My niger trigger used to do the same thing. I have some large peices of LR with some pretty big holes. He would go head 1st into the hole with his tail sticking out.
Thanks for the reply's. I'll probably add one in the next couple of months.

armageddon

I had a piece of rock with a perfect slot for my huma to fit into. Every night he would sleep in there with his tail sticking out, never anywhere else.

stacyt

Just stopped by the LFS, just to look of course. Ended up picking up a small huma picasso. He's about 1/2 - 1/3 the size of my blue throat. He's acclimating as we speak, so I'll post some pics in a couple of days.