humu humu and porcupine puffer

roggy23

would a porcupine puffer and a humu humu trigger be ok for my 75 gal FOWLR setup? i havemy puffer in the tank now. he is about 3-4 inches.
i will be adding a trigger about 2-3 inches. is this ok? will they get along ok?

leopard_babe

Puffers get big, along with triggers. What kind of filtration do you have? Puffers are very messy fish. They grow very fast. Mine grew almost 4 inches in 4 months. Those sound like some big fish for a 75 gallon tank. Just a thought. i know a little about puffers, and not much about triggers. It sounds like perhaps these big fish will out grow your tank.
As for keeping puffers and triggers, you have to take caution. I BELIEVE (meaning not sure) that triggers can occationally pick on puffers.
By the way, how is your puffer doing?????

roggy23

THANKS for asking, my puffer is actually still in my QT. I believe he still has those spots but ive been improving my water quality daily. My goal is to get him back into my main tank since the water quality is very good in the main tank. Ive started raising the salt levels in my QT to get him geared up for the transfer. I hope the spots go away when water quality improves. i had him under hypo for 4 weeks so hopefully i wont have to deal with ich again.

moto757

is the trigger already in there? If so I don't know about the puffer because if he has been in there a while and they are the same size he could see him as a threat triggers are very aggresive eaters and fast i don't know about puffers i believe they are slow so i would watch when you feed them to make sure the puffer gets his share

jackson5

midwest reefer -
What kind of puffer do you have? I have a small stars and stripes puffer in my 75 gallon and was going to move into 150 in a year or so. Will those outgrow that size of tank? What size do you reccommend?