humu humu trigger

tankstolove

NO Both the dwarf lion and the huma huma are predatory fish and are not compatable in most cases allthough you can proceed with cation. Trigger fish get large, huma humas get 10-12 inches and become highly aggressive when they get older, even attacking the aquarium lover during cleaning times. The fish although cute and nearly unavoidably purchased is not a good inhabitant for an aquarium like yours. It is my experience that these will be your guaranteed best choices for a small tank and a lion fish. Another lion fish, moray eel, Pine-cone fish, Trumpetfish, Tang (surgeonfish), Remoras, Pufferfish, rabbitfish, pygmy basslets, dwarf angelfish, cow boxfish, groupers. That's what I suggest. Good luck, safe fish keeping

bubbagump

so i can keep a moray eel and a dawrf lion in the 38? i dont know if i can set up the sump but i can spend the time with the tank and i will plan on getting 25 lbs of live rock and some agra alive live sand and some southdown play sand as well. for the filtration i would get a emporer 228 or what ever kind o filter that they make around 300 gph and a 170 gph power head.any other suggestions would be nice but i will get a skimmer when i get some mor money( i am a student and dont have a job so i dont have an endless bankacount).the skimmer i would like to get would be a prism.what are the requirements for moray eels? what do they eat and are they out durring the day? also when i buy the fish i plan on hetting them both as small as i can find them. and are the eels aggresive like will they eat other fish?

kris

Tankstolove-he said 38 not 138g.! Although I'd love to know what "gurantee" you're willing to give this person.
I like the puffer and dwarf idea personally (like jw said) makes for a very neat tank I would think.
Good Luck

tankstolove

I didn't catch the size of the aquarium. Altough now you have an excellent list of compatable inhabatants to refer to when it's time.