Hungry Tang

jeepboy

My young Naso tang seems to be rather thin. His sides are ripped like a body builder. Should he have a bit more fat so he is just smooth looking? I feed him twice a day and give nori also. What would be a good high calorie food for a naso tang?

O

osufarker

I have a large blonde naso that is quite fat. He absolutley refuses to eat dried seaweed, never has eaten it. His favorite food is frozen spinach.
I feed all my fish a varied diet. He gets frozen spinach, formula 1, formula 2, spiriluina formula, mysis shrimp, brine shrimp, angel formula (feed it to me queen, but the naso also eats it), spectrum pellets, etc. I focus on the greens, but give him a little bit of everything. I feed 2-3 times a day.
I probably overfeed, but I do weekly water changes and my fuge also helps to keep all water parameters in check.
I'll try to post a picture later if I can find a digital camera to borrow.

jeepboy

I also feel like I overfeed, but my naso just seems thin and always hungry. He doesn't eat pellet of frozen shrimp, he just likes nori and flake food. I guess I will try making my own frozen food, since he just doesn't seem to be growing that fast compared to my other fish.

O

osufarker

here are a couple of pictures of my naso, you can see how fat he is.

jeepboy

That is a thick tang...mine is much thinner....maybe if he didn't swim all day he'd gain weight...lol

O

osufarker

As long as he looks healthy, I would just keep up with the feedings and not worry too much.