Hunting big shark

earlybird

A night of drinking a few weeks ago with my fishing buddies is how this epic begins. My buddies and I are determined to try to catch a monster shark. We are in search for a grander or a 1,000+ pounder. I live a few miles from Boca Grand where a 1,200 lb. hammerhead was taken in 2006. We are all taking next week off and are going to spend most of it on the water to try to hook up with one of these beasts. We catch 3-8 foot sharks all the time when tarpon fishing so we don't normally target them but have the equipment and know how to do so. I'm stoked. Tomorrow we are going bait fishing. I'm stoked

We're hoping for big ones. All sharks will be released

teresaq

be careful and watch out for little hitler-as I have always been told lives in that pass. hehehe - maybe thats who was caught in 2006.

earlybird

Ol Hitler. I remember that story. I've seen some nice size bull and hammers at that pass but never fished there for them.
I have tons of shark pictures but will definitely take pictures of the big ones. I really don't know what to expect as I've never targeted them but at night when fishing for tarpon we use mostly big chunk bait on the bottom which attracts sharks. This time we are going to chum heavily and we are going to try to catch stingrays for bait using half or even whole. Hopefully we'll get into some pretty big ones and if we do I'm going to have to prove what was caught. I might try to get video.