Hurricane Frances and now Ivan

vyperone

As I sit here in our county's emergency operation center feeling safe and secure in the thought that my tank is being taken care of by my wife and a generator I can only hope for the well being of those less fortunate then us here in Daytona. We are currently experiencing extensive communications and power failures to a magnitude unseen in our area for over forty years. The flooding is already bad from Charlie, now Frances has dropped over 10 inches of rain on us and its not expected to stop until tomorrow in the AM. Next we have Ivan bearing down on us...
You would not believe the amount of water, debris and tree down here...
Bang Guy... Thanks for closing the offending thread...

flatzboy

Yeah I here you I am still geting stomped on to as we speek. Hurricane ivan is already a category 4 and moving 24mph it is suposed to hit friday.

flatzboy

And thanks for deleting the thread bang I just read it and its really not funny or a joke. Its blowing about 60mph right now and and we lost power a couple of time for a few minutes buti'm on my laptop with wireless internet so i'm good to go. Al my fish and coral did okay threw the power outages. We boarded up or house and loaded up the shed and garage with stuff from out side. After hurricane ivan will pretty much have boarding our house up and securing everything down to a science.

T

thomas712

Originally posted by FLATZBOY
And thanks for deleting the thread bang I just read it and its really not funny or a joke.

Originally posted by VyperOne

Bang Guy... Thanks for closing the offending thread...

Amen to that!
Best of luck to all Florida residents, those that respond to save lives, rush to aid others, and have to clean up and start over afterwards.
Thomas

lnarobbins

I might be dispatched down to Florida with a ICS team.
If so I might run into some of you guys
good luck and stay safe
Lt. Robbins

tangman99

It's been pretty rough here in Jacksonville but nothing like Daytona. We have had gusts up to 75 mph and trees and limbs are everywhere. I've was without power for about 9 hours. Everything seems to be ok in the tank though. I picked up one of those battery operated air stones and ran it. That is the cheapest looking contraption I have ever seen, but it worked.
Good luck to rest of you down south and over on the Gulf coast. I only hope Ivan goes somewhere else.

promisetbg

It has been whipping through here for 2 days..it's almost 4 am mon morning,and it's still kicking outside.Now we have Ivan to contend with.

andgott

Frances still making herself known here- But the worst is over. We were lucky, didnt even loose power (OR INTERNET!!!) here... Flood waters going back down w/ the tide...

beth

Administrator
Staff member
This has been the week from hell for everyone in Fla. I have been stuck in Tallahassee all week, came up for business and could not get back home. Worried sick about the storm hitting the Keys while I was away. Now, today, the storm will be passing my way. :nope:
Good luck Georgia. Hopefully, Frances will be pooped out by the time it gets to you tomorrow.

lovethesea

Beth, you are in the same boat we were with Charley. We evacuated from southern Sarasota area and not knowing really where to head it was suggested to head to the Orlando area. :rolleyes: Woke up the next morning with the news that we all should leave if possible.
I felt like we were being chased. Finally ended in Atlanta figuring he couldn't go there

angelcam

Wow, this is an unbelivable year for all you Floridians, I am a former meteorology major, and have never seen Florida hit by so many hurricanes. The thread that was shut down was unbelievable, I am glad it was dealt with.!
You are in my prayers.
HOPE IVAN TAKES A COURSE OUT TO SEA!!!!
P.S. I love Florida!!:joy:

ffishermen

i'm happy to report that my power is back. it was gone for two days in ft lauderdale. the funny thing my side of the street
has power but, the other side doesn't:nope: . so i ran power to one of my neighbor's so at least they can have a little power for something.
and we don't want to talk about IVAN....yet
later

ffishermen

everything is a ok. i was getting a little worried that my power was going to be off longer than it was. as it turns out everything made it just fine and surprising that my temp did not go up. maybe the acrylic tank has some insulating value:notsure: .
later