Hurricane Frances.

avbryce1

I just moved from florida to tn. in jan. and I say YES! I miss it and I'll be back in a couple of years

sly

I wouldn't mind living there myself someday. That is if my move to New Zealand doesn't work out... :jumping: I love the beach. Which is strange because so many people from Florida move here because they love the mountains. Oh well. I guess the grass is greener on the other side.

mobikobeyob

OK, my tank and I survived two serious hurricanes, with no more than a couple crooked trees, and an outbreak of ich and living off a generator (gosh I hate the taste of gas). Now we may be in for a third!!! I am trying to remind myself Why I live in Fl. maybe you can help me. these were taken tonight.:D

lovethesea

those are beautiful reminders of why I love Florida and spend as much time there as possible. :yes:
Glad all is well.

judyk

Yahoo! We got power at 2:30 this morning. No more finding gas for the generator, hauling water from the garage to flush a toilet and best of all, A nice hot shower. Of course, AC comes a close second. We didn't have property damage but can see 7 major size trees down from my front door. We were trapped in on our road by major trees both ways. The rescue cut a path through Monday morning. Our road looks like a tunnel some ways. Our boat house in halfway submerged. It almost takes a 4 X 4 to get in my driveway. We had 7 adults, a two year old, 4 dogs, 1 puppy and 4 cats off and on since last Friday.
My tanks made it through fine. We ran the generator from 7 to 11 then my son would take it to his house about a quarter mile down the road and run his stuff. I'm over camping though. Let's hope Ivan goes somewhere else. But I do have 7 sheets of plywood coming from GA today. What else can you do?
Judy

sly

I hope Ivan misses Florida. Here's a storm track prediction for it. It currently has winds gusting to 195mph!!! Catagory 5 OMG!

lovethesea

when do you have to get out? St. Louis is nice in September. (not as nice as the Keys,but safe) This is getting ridiculous. At least now the Atlantic and Gulf waters should be cooled down after these nightmares are finished.
Did anyone see Grenada?
Horrible sight. Even the prison was demolished and all of the prisoners are running around. :nope:
Cat 5
:nervous:

sly

OH MY.....:eek: Ivan now has strengthened. Winds are sustained at 165 mph and gusts are up to 200!!

sly

I road down the road at 80 mph the other day and stuck my head out the window to try to imagine what it would feel like. Without debris and rain hitting my face, I couldn't stand it. I can't imagine 200.