Hybrid Fish

nygel

Are their any hybrid saltwater fish? I've heard rumors and attempts and such, I believe I have a pic of one... I'll post it in this thread in a minute. But I would like to know if anyone had tried this or any things that are hybrid fish.

nygel

Hybrid between Passer and Clarion Angel

I believe one of those angel's are on the ban list, but lets try to keep that out of this, its more focused on the hybrid nature than how the speciman was received.

nygel

Achilles Gold Rim Hybrid Tang
{EDIT IMAGE DUE TO LINK}
Rarely available to the trade, this stunning and rare hybrid is chocolate brown, almost black, with orange on the tail and yellow on the soft dorsal fin. This is one of the more demanding members of the Acanthurus clan. In the wild this species is territorial and is usually found in areas with lots of surge. Provide this active fish with plenty of swimming room, as well one or two hiding places. Like any tangs in this group, it may be aggressive toward surgeonfish tankmates, but it usually shy at least initially. This fish is an herbivore, provide with a varied diet that includes frozen and flake foods for herbivores as well as dried algae sheets.

dogstar

Yes, several, perhaps many different species of SW fish are known to regulerly produce hybrids in the wild. From tangs to angelfish, ect. Normaly from the same genus. Most if not all, do not reproduce themselfs though. Cant say how this effects there survivalbility in captivity. Many are stunning creatures.

puffer9006

Originally Posted by Dogstar
Yes, several, perhaps many different species of SW fish are known to regulerly produce hybrids in the wild. From tangs to angelfish, ect. Normaly from the same genus. Most if not all, do not reproduce themselfs though. Cant say how this effects there survivalbility in captivity. Many are stunning creatures.
almost all hybrids are sterile thats not only fish but any animal that is a hybrid.

mombostic

Don't clownfish produce non-sterile hybrids? I recently read that even a couple of "species" of clowns are actually thought to be hybrids.