hydor-flo in their bio-cube?

kjohansen

I don't have one in a bio-cube, but I do on an AP 24.

Sorry about the quality, I am cycling my tank and had to move some sand around. Hence the cloudiness.

clay12340

I don't know that anything is so "great" about them, but they rotate the flow and offer a wavelike effect for a far lower price tag than an actual wavemaker.

itwasntme159

Originally Posted by nmertz1
does anyone have one of these? how do they work? PICS!
yea i work at a local pet store and i have a 29 bio and picked one of these up... i just took it out of my tank cause im having some issues but as soon as i figure some stuff out its going back in.... anyways they work great and they dont have any whirlpool effects

i have 2 they work great first i started out with one it worked so good had to buy another one. oww and an tip for buying one make shure you put the end on thats really tight or itll blow right of.

kjohansen

Originally Posted by feelingfishy
i have 2 they work great first i started out with one it worked so good had to buy another one. oww and an tip for buying one make shure you put the end on thats really tight or itll blow right of.
Yes they will!!

R

reefernana

Originally Posted by brstwv
Works great. I have one in 29 biocube
I've read posts where people removed them cuz it cut their flow down too much? Do you have a PH in there for more flow than just the return?

bonebrake

I just added one in my nano (JBJ 24 DX) about a month ago and put the powerhead directly behind it and tripled the flow! It is awesome!

clay12340

It could go in an 8 bio-cube. The only problems I've had with them are fairly minimal. They are kind of long and stick out away from the back wall a bit more than I'd like. They also have a tendency to seize up over time. It isn't a big deal as they are easily to disassemble and clean, but it is one more thing to do.

perfectdark

I have had one on my tank for 3 months now.. I LOVE IT !!! keeps the current moving no dead areas in its path.
Heres mine...