Hydor Koralia #4s' or #3s' for a 125g?

K

kpatrick

Veni,
I just wanted to make sure I read your last reply correctly. You use the sure flow attachment and it works with the hanging rod?
If that works then thats even better because there is no need to buy the magnets since I already use the hanging rods myself. However, I was looking at a photo of the sure flow kit on another site and it did not appear that you could use the hanging rod with the sure flow attachment. Looks like if you tried to use the hanging rod then the propeller would be facing downward. Thx!!

veni vidi vici

Originally Posted by kpatrick
http:///forum/post/2854133
Veni,
I just wanted to make sure I read your last reply correctly. You use the sure flow attachment and it works with the hanging rod?
If that works then thats even better because there is no need to buy the magnets since I already use the hanging rods myself. However, I was looking at a photo of the sure flow kit on another site and it did not appear that you could use the hanging rod with the sure flow attachment. Looks like if you tried to use the hanging rod then the propeller would be facing downward. Thx!!
I use the rod in combination with sureflo kit parts and it points outward just like a Koralia.I would post picks but my tank light are off.

dgirard05

Your Tank Is To Big For Powerheads. A Closed Loop Is The Way.in My 125 I Put A 1" Sea swirl with A 1400 Gal. Pump The Water Really Moves . Put It On A Timer For Quiet Time At Night. i got tired of replacing powerheads.add up the cost 'do it right one time . in the long run youll save money.

C

calvertbill

Too big for PHs? I don't think so.
In addition to the Mag 24 which is my main pump for my 450, I also have running:
2 Koralia 4s
1 Koralia 3
3 Vortech MP40s
The Vortechs move up to 3,000 GPH each.
I don't have too much flow!
BTW, I love the Vortechs. The motor is outside the tank so it's not adding any heat to the water and they're super efficient. They require only 35W to move 3.000 gallons. You can adjust the flow rates and the wave action with multiple variable pump speeds.

veni vidi vici

Originally Posted by dgirard05
http:///forum/post/2857120
Your Tank Is To Big For Powerheads. A Closed Loop Is The Way.in My 125 I Put A 1" Sea swirl with A 1400 Gal. Pump The Water Really Moves . Put It On A Timer For Quiet Time At Night. i got tired of replacing powerheads.add up the cost 'do it right one time . in the long run youll save money.

2-MJ1200 w/surflo kit and big prop put out 4200 gph

veni vidi vici

Originally Posted by Calvertbill
http:///forum/post/2857428
Too big for PHs? I don't think so.
In addition to the Mag 24 which is my main pump for my 450, I also have running:
2 Koralia 4s
1 Koralia 3
3 Vortech MP40s
The Vortechs move up to 3,000 GPH each.
I don't have too much flow!
BTW, I love the Vortechs. The motor is outside the tank so it's not adding any heat to the water and they're super efficient. They require only 35W to move 3.000 gallons. You can adjust the flow rates and the wave action with multiple variable pump speeds.
I would love to try the Votechs but i cant see how they can justify the price.I did my closed loop with a Dart for a fraction of that and i could have probably fit a OEM in and still cost less.