Hydor Koralia in nano?

deltablack22

I'm looking at buying two hydor koralia #2's and placing one in my frag tank (20L) and one in my display (28 Bow). I plan on ditching the MajiJet900 in the display and using it for a mixing pump.
I'm just getting some deadspots low in the tank and figured the wider output of the koralia blowing into the bowed glass angled somewhat down would fix this issue.
In the frag tank I guess I would just let it blow longways down the backside of the frag rack.
Does this sound like a good idea?

05xrunner

they are great I think...man 2 #2's in a 20L I am guessing u no sandbed. I had 2 #4 in my 75 and they would blow sand all over if not position perfect..I was thinking about a #1 in my new 20L but worried it would blow sand all over

deltablack22

No, one of them is for my 28 bowfront... I should have clarified. The 20L is my frag tank and I have about a 2" sandbed but the Koralia is positioned to blow from one corner to the middle of the front glass. The sand doesnt blow around, you just have to play with positioning. Great flow though.

05xrunner

maybe I will get a #1 for my 20L..I could use a tad more flow. i loved them in my 75 its just my new 20L has a sump and was trying to make no real equipment in the display to show.

deltablack22

They do have a pretty cool look in my opinion and if all you want is a little more flow a 1 is smaller and would probably be a good choice. I couldnt find the 1's in stock anywhere so I went with the 2's. Its probably good that I did because they are the major contributors to flow in my tank - especially the frag tank.