hydor koralia powerheads

reefpoor

I am setting up a 180 reef. I am not familiar with the different flow pattern of the koralia powerheads. I was thinking about 3 or 4 or them because I want to hook them to my wavemaker. Any ideas on what size pumps I should go with for optimum flow for my coral but not over kill?

keith burn

I have 7 of them good p/h but do not rec them with a wavemaker.
Thay are not good to go on and off very nsy.
I do not think thay will last long.

J

jrthomas40

they are not made to run on wavemakers...if you want wavemaker PH's then you should go with tunze

spiderwoman

We just bought a Wave2K wave maker center unit a few weeks ago for our 150g tank. It's suppose to imitate the ocean with random flows. Haven't tested it yet though.

hurt

You can run Koralia's with a wavemaker, but not the kind that shut on and off. The Seio Controller will work fine with them. It just powers them down to 50% then back to 100%, never turning them off.

J

jrthomas40

Originally Posted by Hurt
http:///forum/post/2510501
You can run Koralia's with a wavemaker, but not the kind that shut on and off. The Seio Controller will work fine with them. It just powers them down to 50% then back to 100%, never turning them off.
are you running them on the wavemaker?? i have seen that they cant be powered down it is either all or nothing

hurt

No, I no longer use any powerheads on my 55 SPS. I only run a closed loop(GenX PCX40 with 2 SCWD's), and my return with another SCWD which gives my 6 outlets that constantly change giving a lot of random flow.
But, there are plenty of people who run Koralia's with the Seio Controller on the other board I frequent(--).
Or you could just google: Hydor Koralia Seio Controller
and I'm sure that would find a thread or two on the subject.

hurt

Taken directly from a thread on --, but I had to edit the retailers to keep the planets in line...lol
Hello,
The Koralia should be available at retail sometime in Jan/Feb 2007 at retailers like (BLANK BLANK AND BLANK)
The Koralia is not recommended for stop/start wavemakers, but it will work well on speed control wavermakers.
Sincerely,
Hydor USA,

ironeagle2006

I am using 3 in my 150 for water movement and love them have 2 4's and a 2. The 4's are high up and the 2 is lower let me say the fish love the current like I have never seen before.

apos

Korlia is coming out with a new line that will work on wavemakers (Though, probably only with their new wavemaker, also coming out soon, lol)

reefpoor

Well thanks for all the advise. I'm glad I haven't bought them yet cause no one told me I couldnt use them on my wavemaker. I will come up with a new game plan now, use Koralias with no wavemaker or buy powerheads that will work with it.
What are most of you using for circulation?

apos

Lol. I'm using Koralia's. With no wavemaker. :)
Though I do want some sort of wavy solution.
The nice thing about koralias is that they make a decent twisty, broad flow, so smack two of them together and it really gets chaotic.

cpl40475

koralia is coming out with a wavemaker and a new version of there powerheads.Only the new version will work with the wavemaker.
Tracy

apos

I wonder: are these new Koralia's going to be DC-based: is that why they're a step up?
Anyhow, the new ones will be more expensive, and then the wave controller itself is the usual several hundred dollar extravaganza...

A

alf1096

Can someone give me a link to korolas homepage I can't seem to find it.