Hydroid on seahorse!

kanicky

Hi all-
Well, after months of wavering back and forth, we decided to do another seahorse tank, but this time we ordered seaponies from ORA - h. Fuscus.
A friend who has a fish dealers license ordered two females from ORA, and they arrived yesterday. (The cutest girls in the world, by the way!) He floated the bags in his tank until we were able to make it over, and then we brought them home. Unfortunately, we DID notice beforehand that his tank had hydroids, and while he floated the bags, they must have attached themselves to the bag, and then when WE floated the bags, they detached and made themselves at home I didn't even think about the possibility of the hydroids attaching themselves to the bag. I could really kick myself right about now!

Thankfully, there were not a lot of them and we killed all of them that we COULD see, but there is one still left and it is on "Alice's" side belly.
Is there a way to get it off of Alice? Nick, my boyfriend, tried to see if he could gently "smear" it off of her, but we didn't want to stress her out too much. We're thinking of getting a pair of tweezers and while gently holding her right beneath the surface of the water, seeing if we can tweeze it off. Would this work?
I've read a little on hydroids, and they're allegedly only really "bad" in dwarf seahorse and fry tanks. Is this true? I know that Bang Guy has said elsehere that hydroids don't live very long in marine aquariums and that they die off fairly quickly. This made me feel better, however, I'm mainly just worried about Alice.
I know the only way to really eradicate hydroids is through use of Panacur or Hydrox, but we do have inverts and a few zoo's and mushrooms, so I can't/don't want to dose.
Any advice is appreciated!
For the record, Bella, our other girl, is swimming all around her new home and chowing down like a champ. Alice is still a little pissed at being handled, but seems okay otherwise. I'll look forward to seeing her eat later this evening when I feed again...