hydroids

memphis

All hydroids are carnivorous animals, catching prey in the water column with the aid of stinging and grappling nematocysts.
I would say they gots to go!

pogi pants

so do you know what gets rid of them? is there a fish that eats them or an invert that eats them? or do i have to do some scrubbing?

memphis

Ohhh yeah, sorry. Stinging hydroids have few natural predators. If you have corals in the tank, it may be difficult to avoid manual extraction. You could try a stiff bristled toothbrush tied to the end of a siphon tube so that you could siphon slowly and scrub at the same time. You need to avoid fragmenting and spreading them. GL.

memphis

well you can use a deworming product called Panacur is still in the testing stage. A dosage of 1mg per 1 gallon of water seems to be very effective in killing hydroids of all stages. This is not safe for inverts or live corals. I have never tried this and I do not what it effects other than what is stated. Therefor I cannot recommend this but its out there. Sounds risky though... :notsure:

pogi pants

i guess i'll bust out a toothbrush and siphon. i touched it today while i was re-arranging my rockwork and it didn't sting me. is that a good sign... or do i just have thick skin on my hands