Hydrometer

mandarin w

Originally Posted by BILLYG
the lfs that I use is not a chain store,he & I go back 35 yrs,I buy everything from him,my 150 with overflows for a song brand new,you,ll ask what song? lets just say an all glass for $325.00 delivered & plumbed, He comes over @ least once a week for nothing if I do have a question or a problem for nothing. Ialso get great discounts on my fish & as far back as I could remember not one of the has ever been bad althou I just lost a flame due to my YT & Naso that scared her,I had her for a week but within the week I had to do a 30 gal waterchange & switch out some of my coral. I hope Im not using my caps too much to offend anybody.When I do go up to the store I bring a sample in just to so how close I am to what they get. So if Im doing anything wrong by doing this please God strike me dead & ban me from this site.

I think it is a good ideal to take your water to your LFS. I do it all the time. I do my test at home, and then I have them test to see if we are on the same page. That way they know what is going on in my tank also. It makes it much easier if something does happen. When you find a LFS that you can trust, and they really are in the hobby because they enjoy it and not to become rich. It is a very good idea to work with them as much as you can. If they know what is going on in your tank as much as you do. They will work with you on almost anything. I also now get great deals on fish and equipment. They help me fix any of my equipment if it breaks, or will pull something out of the backroom to replace it for me at no charge. I also in turn go to the store if there is a power outage and help cool the tank and try to keep things alive till the power comes on. If you can get a good relationship with your LFS going you both will benifit greatly.
But know who you are trusting. Make sure they really know thier stuff, and really care about the hobby.