Hypo and still Ick?

craig110768

Hi
I have completed Hypo using a refractor for 6 weeks. I was very careful doing this, bring the salinity to 1.009.
It worked well, very well. However, today i noticed that my fox-face is flicking very heavily sometimes lasting 5 minutes. He has no visible spots on him and none of the other fish seem effected.
Is this still Ick, or is it something else?
any comments

mb4000

I guess you might be one of the 10% Craig that hypo did'nt work for. Good luck if you try it again. I would feed garlic and vitamin enriched food and hope the fish beats it on it's own.

craig110768

I have been having a few problems with high Nitrates in my main tank during the Hypo period, so this weekend I moved the fish back to the QT and added 50pounds of LR. I have about 120pounds in there now.
I also increased the substrate a little more to about 30 inches. Maybe, the nitrates are causing it. I also did some huge water changes 3 35g changes over 3 days). That got the nitrates down, and hopefully the LR may help.
The Fox-face is still flicking in the QT tank, and the paremters are good, he seems very frightened when I go near the tank.
Thinking of doing a saltwater dip with formalin to night and see how things go. What do you think?
I see no spots on him.
Any comments