Hypo need help

juice_1080

So when I got my tang I put him right in the DT noticed a day later that he had ich...
So I pulled him out and put him in my qt and brought it to hypo
Now I notice that my clowns have a few spots of ich...I am going to hypo them but my question is that my qt is already @ hypo can I put my other fish right in it or do I have to drip acclimate them or how do I do this?

dinogeorge

Man, I hate to say this but I think you will need to bring your qt back to the same sg as your dt, over a period of about 7 days. And then move your other fish into the q-tank...and then go through the normal hypo steps again. The reason for this is that it takes at least two days for your fish to acclimate to the lower hypo sg. I just don't think that you can acclimate them slowly enough using the drip system.
I could be wrong, but that is my gut feeling.
Good luck man.

juice_1080

you don't think I could put them in a tote or bucket and do a hypo in that and then add them to my qt? I really dont want to have to go through all that if its unnecessary. I wish I would have just thrown them all in qt in the first place but I thought they would be fine.

butters

i would put the clowns in a bucket with a heater, take them down to 1.015. then the next day take them down to 1.009.
then throw them in the QT
i dont hink it would be a good for the tang to take him back up to .025

dinogeorge

Originally Posted by juice_1080
you don't think I could put them in a tote or bucket and do a hypo in that and then add them to my qt? I really dont want to have to go through all that if its unnecessary. I wish I would have just thrown them all in qt in the first place but I thought they would be fine.

This is a great idea. Just make sure you have a heater to keep the water warm enough.

sepulatian

Originally Posted by butters
i would put the clowns in a bucket with a heater, take them down to 1.015. then the next day take them down to 1.009.
then throw them in the QT
i dont hink it would be a good for the tang to take him back up to .025
I agree here. Use a bucket to lower them to hyposaline level 1.009 the drip acclimate them in.

sepulatian

awesome I get to play catch the fish tomorrow....its so fun when you get to move around the rockwork
If there are any other fish in there then they need to come out as well. You cannot count the six weeks until the tank is fishless. The only type of fish that can stay in an ich tank is mandarines.

juice_1080

I know I was planning on QT'ing the entire tank other than the corals, crabs, and snails.
One more question...after the mass QT'ing my tank will have a dozen snails, 1.5 dozen hermits, and a Sally Light Foot Crab, Xenia, a Mushroom, Zoos and a Maxima Clam....Should I still feed the tank or not? Other than the phytoplankton that I plan to feed it anyways, do you think my crabs
will need food

sepulatian

I know I was planning on QT'ing the entire tank other than the corals, crabs, and snails.
One more question...after the mass QT'ing my tank will have a dozen snails, 1.5 dozen hermits, and a Sally Light Foot Crab, Xenia, a Mushroom, Zoos and a Maxima Clam....Should I still feed the tank or not? Other than the phytoplankton that I plan to feed it anyways, do you think my crabs
will need food
You can feed very sparingly. They will find enough in the sand.

juice_1080

Well the 2 Clowns, Watchman, and Chromis are all in a bucket @ 1.015 tomorrow I will be dropping it the rest of the way and adding them to qt
The DT has to remain fishless for about 6 weeks then?

sepulatian

Well the 2 Clowns, Watchman, and Chromis are all in a bucket @ 1.015 tomorrow I will be dropping it the rest of the way and adding them to qt
The DT has to remain fishless for about 6 weeks then?
Yes.

sepulatian

That sucks....Well I guess that will give me some time to buy some corals if I want/have the money to
Now is the time to make LR purchases, corals, or whatever. You should qt them normaly because if they were in a system that has fish in it then they could have a disease on them. Your sytem will be fish free. Just get them three weeks before the fish are due to go back in.