hypo

vizia2

One of my fish have ick so I need to hypo them all, since I don’t have a big enough tank I was going to hypo them in the main tank, I only have like 15lbs of live rock, brain coral 15 snails 3crabs a shrimp and 2 anemones; im going to transfer them into my 10gal QT tank during the hypo. After I raise the salt back I was going to bring them back. IS THIS OK TO DO? Also there is about 30lbs of dead coral in the tank I can just leave that alone , right? My tank has been going for almost 3 months now
thanks

vizia2

Yes I am also concerned for the mandarin, I didn’t learn of his diet until after I got him. After the hypo im gana get about 50lbs of live rock. My substrate is crushed coral. My next question is what kind of light will I need for the 10gal QT tank that will hold my live rock anemones and brain coral. I don’t want it to be too expensive be it they will only stay in for 3 weeks and its just a QT tank.
Thanks for any help

beth

Administrator
Staff member
I doubt that a brain coral, and particularly the anemones will do ok in a 10 gal tank. These creatures need adequate lighting.
Also, you should go ahead and see if the LFS will take back the mandarian. Your tank just is not going to produce the food that this fish needs at this point. These fish need a mature reef tank with sand, not CC.