Hyposalinity with Naso Tang

My naso tang has little white spots around his face. I am guessing this is ich. I want to perform hyposalinaty but I dont think I have a quarintine tank large enough for him. The bigest tank I have is 25 gallons. Is this too small. Wont doing this stress the fish out and eventually kill it? I am worried about this. Please help. Any info ont this is greatly appreciated.

elfdoctors

How large is your naso tang? If the tang is less than 5 inches, there should be very little added stress. If the QT is cycled, you could even probably tolerate of 12 inch tang for a month long treatment.
Most fish can survive a month in a 25. They are maintained in cramped quarters for quite some time when they are shipped and in distributors/LFS, etc. You would be lowering the stress from the disease during this time which would decrease the stress from the cramped quarters. Cramped quarters usually contribute to chronic stress rather than acute stress.

I set up the Q tank but now when I look at the tang he barely has any. it only comes and goes in the same place. Im starting to think it isnt ich, but it looks just like it. He is eating, grazing, and swimming around completly happy. I dont know whats going on?

elfdoctors

It is typical for ich to appear to come and go. As long as the fish otherwise appears healthy, you might as well let your QT begin to cycle (perhaps just add a small amount of food as if there was a fish in it) and continue to watch your fish.
Another possibility which I have seen on my own blue tang is attached sand granules. This possibility is only likely if you just did some changes in your tank (e.g. moved some live rock around or redirected a powerhead). If this is the correct diagnosis, you should not see any more spots (assuming you do not make any other changes to your tank).