I acheived greatness this morning.

abethedog

I was playing basketball this morning (as I do every mon, wed, fri). I had a pass come in and I took it weird with my left hand. I looked down and noticed that my pinky finger was going in about 3 different directions. I was horribly shocked. So I grabbed it real quick with my right hand and straightened it before I even knew what I was doing. All off my basketball friends just looked at me like my hair was on fire.
I thought about that for a second, turned white and almost passed out.
I reduced my own dislocated finger this morning. Medical school here I come!

scotts

I love how you just did it, then when you had time to think about it you almost lost it.

ric maniac

Lol, I did the same thing when I first dislocated my shoulder. Now I can do it without pain, and freak people out

Note: repeated dislocating can cause serious damage, so I only do it once in a blue moon.

crashbandicoot

I set a friends broken hand one time .
We were skateboarding and he fell and got up and said it hurt . I felt it and could feel the lump in the back of hs hand . I just pulled on the two middle fingers and pushed down on the lump . Well the next day he went to the doctor and it was broken for sure but the doctor said who ever set it did a good job . He put it in a cast and sent my friend on his way .

abethedog

I'm pretty sure that it isn't broken. Black and blue like a mofo, though.
I'm prolly not going to go to med school based on this cure that I've invented. I'm just a pool boy in Wisconsin.

renogaw

If you're black and blue, go get xrayed. I "caught" a football, and my pinky paid the price. imagine your fingers as a concave and a convex joint, where the tip wraps around the next bone, which wraps around the next bone, etc.
my joint broke off...and there was the possibility of the ligaments pulling the finger into the hand becaue of how those joints are... go get it looked at.

abethedog

You were right renogaw. I did break my finger. A part of the recieving joint broke that was attached to the tendon. Bummer.

scotts

Did you get a discount since you already did half the work?
I broke my pinky finger once (pulled the cap off the knuckle actually) and was in a cast all the way up to my elbow. That sucked.

nigerbang

I have dislocated fingers and popped them back in about 15 times...Gets the strangest looks everytime..

renogaw

Originally Posted by abethedog
http:///forum/post/2507103
You were right renogaw. I did break my finger. A part of the recieving joint broke that was attached to the tendon. Bummer.
i ended up having to get physical therapy, because i could not bend it after it was healed.
a year later, my insurance company wanted to know who to sue... i told them it was in my own back yard--they would have gone after my mother's property insurance!