I am a failure - please help with coral selection

lazarus

Over the years I've spent hundreds (at least not thousands) on corals only to see them pass away. I've tried feeding them with supplements and have concluded I am not cut out for this aspect of the hobby. I am sure my water parameters are not ideal, but my fish seem to like them and I've a great track record for keeping them alive and healthy.
I have PC lighting - adequate to keep my mushrooms growing like weeds and I've kept a frogspawn alive for a couple months (though it never propagated). This includes 4 x 39W White and 4 x 39W Actinic. I have ample live rock and flow.
I would appreciate advice on corals that I DO NOT need to feed and that will survive on lighting and flow. I aim to place an order on this site and will certainly include zoos - would be grateful for other suggestions as long as they don't include an attempt to recruit me back into the variety that requires supplements.
Thanks in advance!

S

smallreef

I'm not a coral expert,, but you need a good coral book and just look through the non-photosyntetic corals...
PC bulbs aren't that great for corals that need strong lighting, im not sure what you have tried to keep but i know
my PC bulbs on my cube couldnt keep any sps alive...
with that being said you phosphate levels still need to be 0, no matter what,, fish can live with a little but corals cant...

btldreef

What size tank do you have?
Fish don't need as ideal water parameters as corals do, so even if you're fish are perfectly healthy, that doesn't mean your parameters are in check for corals.
What is your stock list?
What are your water parameters?
Are these numbers stable (even if not good)?
What do you keep your salinity at?
What corals have you tried?
Do you use RO/DI water?