I am buying a fish that has been exposed to ick, what to do?

krazekajin

I know that this might not be teh best route to go, but I have the opportunity to buy some bangai Cardinalfish for an incredible price. The problem is that they are in a system that has had a pufferfish that had ick bad. I have not really seen ick on the cardinalfish, but I am going to assume that they have it.
Obviously, I need to quarintine these fish. What would you suggest to do? Should I do the hyposalnity route or another route.
Thanks in advance.

geridoc

If the fish aren't showing signs of ich I might consider quarantining them and doing hyposalinity. If they are showing signs of ich I would worry about secondary infections, and would probably skip the purchase.

waterlogged

Originally Posted by KrazeKajin
I know that this might not be teh best route to go, but I have the opportunity to buy some bangai Cardinalfish for an incredible price. The problem is that they are in a system that has had a pufferfish that had ick bad. I have not really seen ick on the cardinalfish, but I am going to assume that they have it.
Obviously, I need to quarintine these fish. What would you suggest to do? Should I do the hyposalnity route or another route.
Thanks in advance.
What percentage of fish being bought today have been exposed to ich somewhere along the way after being plucked out of ocean?

krazekajin

Originally Posted by sepulatian
I would just hypo the fish in the QT.
I am going to hypo just to be safe.
Thanks for the reponses.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Originally Posted by KrazeKajin
I am going to hypo just to be safe.
Thanks for the reponses.
And that is the right choice.