I am in LOVE

00nothing

I think i ahve fallen in love for a while now i have been trying to decide do i buy that $50 baby bamboo from big als or do i hold out for something unique well i think i ahve made up my mind

it is a chain catshark does anyone know much about them i know i am def going to be starting to do some research and trying to figure out where i can get one from
apparently max size is 48cm if so this is one small shark
please tell me they arent a deepwater species

00nothing

Originally Posted by jr2857

is he in your 180 with the brownbanded?

you must have the wrong person lol right now i have a 135 pred reef that i want to cut back some mostly get rid of rock to make room for a small shark(dont actually have any shark right now), this however will not be the sharks permanent home i ahve access to a 300 gallon rubbermaid pond that is currently being setup as well as in the future plan on getting a pond my self once i move into a more adequate space

jr2857

i'm afraid they are a deepwater shark. 75m-550m. not sure if that's deep but i'm pretty sure it is. reaserching should have been done before buying any fish.

jr2857

Originally Posted by 00nothing
you must have the wrong person lol right now i have a 135 pred reef that i want to cut back some mostly get rid of rock to make room for a small shark(dont actually have any shark right now), this however will not be the sharks permanent home i ahve access to a 300 gallon rubbermaid pond that is currently being setup as well as in the future plan on getting a pond my self once i move into a more adequate space
oops i was thinking of oncebitten. here's some info that might give you a heart attack
http://www.biomescenter.com/chaindog_learn.htm

ams153

Originally Posted by MoEel
Is he in cc, i thought sharks could not be in cc tanks. I must be wrong.
they really rnt supposed to be! i dont know about that particular shark.. but sharks in general need sugar fine sand b/c there bellies are very weak and can be cut up and/or irritated by thicker sands...

ams153

you would be unable to keep this shark in your reef tank as it needs VERY cold water from what ive read 70 or below.. and your reef shouldnt be even close to that.. so i wouldnt purchase one till you have something ready for it.. and to be honest i dont see this fish as a smart choice for an aquarium period as it is a deep water fish and the pressure differences cant be good for it.. i would think it would cause a much shorter life with the stress put on them and there life ill shorten even more if kept in hot water! simply put this is one of those fish that probably never should have been taken from the ocean.. IMO! it may have a much shorter life than you intended..
RESEARCH! ALOT! before you make our decision for sure!

00nothing

Research Research Research and then when i am ready to buy i research some more, no worries guys i am past jsut buying things cause i think they look cool that was a long time ago now
had to be a deepwater species didnt it makes me sad oh well back to deciding between a bamboo and something more unique

bbb

Originally Posted by 00nothing
it is a chain catshark does anyone know much about them i know i am def going to be starting to do some research and trying to figure out where i can get one from

I think that means they don't have one.

jr2857

Originally Posted by Cartman101
He/she is beautiful! Nice find.
it's not his sorry to burst your bubble