I Am Starting To Hate Xenias

poker34

Hello,
I recently started a reef tank and live in Sierra Vista, AZ. If you are still giving away the xenia I would be interested in a couple. My friend also has a tank and says he would be interested in getting a few also. I am new to the forum, so I don't know how to send a message directly to you. If you could help me out, I would appreciate it. And thanks for the xenia if you still have some.

fretfreak13

I'd like some too. I live in Cleveland OH. =) However, I'm just wondering if paying the shipping is worth it for a few small frags (I only have nanos). How much would the shipping be?

julie853

Hey Poker,welcome to the forum

Sierra Vista is diffently growing glad to see more saltwater people in this town.
If you click on Mantisman's name it will open up a box of different options and one will be send a personel message.
Hope this helps.

fishhunter

Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///forum/post/3143397
LOL...yeah...or throw them in a sump...It seems that in Canada it is hard (and expensive) to get these...at least according to a buddy on here

Yup I can attest to that! 45$ a stock here in Canuckastan. Im making a killing off of these things. Fragged mine many times already. The LFS gives me 20$ each (they have to make some profit)!

flower

Originally Posted by fishhunter
http:///forum/post/3177952
Yup I can attest to that! 45$ a stock here in Canuckastan. Im making a killing off of these things. Fragged mine many times already. The LFS gives me 20$ each (they have to make some profit)!

$45.00 a stalk is cheap...I paid $60.00 in Wisconsin...

mantisman51

OK. Anyone who wants some-FREEBO, start pm'ing me. I will ship/deliver, whatever. I have a few SWF styrofoam boxes. Remember, I do not want any recompense for said xenia. SWF doesn't allow ANY trading/selling, so don't ask me if I need anything or want money. I will give all I have to give-free! For those who posted last month, I never saw the posts until today. Let me know.

mantisman51

For anyone who previously asked locally. I am going to bring a bunch into S.V. if anyone there is still interested. If not, I'll just take them up to Tucson and give them to the LFS I frequent up there. They are over-growing the whole tank again. Let me know by noon Saturday the 5th.

ashleigh234

Does anyone ever get Xenia just growing in your tank when you didnt put it in there? None was added to my tank, just one day I noticed it (well I think thats what it is, but could be something else), its growing, currently about 1/4 of an inch high. The thing I am not sure about though is that it doesnt seem to grow off a bigger stalk, instead, each little individial stalk is just on the rocks.

J

jstdv8

I paid 40 bucks for a rock with two frags on it about a month ago.
You must have a local frag club that you could do swaps with for corals you want to keep. You have a gold mine there it seems like. for swapping for different frags at the very least.
they really like something in your tank. by the looks of the green stuff in there maybe nitrates or phosphates.
Ive had mine for about 1 month and they were 2 big stalks and now they are 5 smaller stalks, im pretty excited. Hoping I can trade for some different stuff at upcoming frag swaps and get a nice coral selection going.

Originally Posted by mantisman51
http:///forum/post/3183266
For anyone who previously asked locally. I am going to bring a bunch into S.V. if anyone there is still interested. If not, I'll just take them up to Tucson and give them to the LFS I frequent up there. They are over-growing the whole tank again. Let me know by noon Saturday the 5th.
Hi mantisman, if you still have some that you would like to part with I am interested. I can't find how to send a PM though. Maybe you can PM me back please, but I'll keep trying to figure it out. Thanks!

lmecher

I had xenia take over my 14 biocube a few years ago. I fragged it all and took it to my LFS for credit. My husband was mad, it was his favorite coral. At the time I really didn't care, the tanks are mine, I do all the maintenance and it literally was killing other corals. Years later (now) I have set up an octopus tank, I can only keep non stinging corals for the safety of the octopus. A guy was giving away free xenia so I decided to try it on an island. (and make my husband happy) It is very easy to control this way. I just pluck the rock out and trim it before it spreads onto my rock work. The key is keeping up with it, once it takes over it is difficult to remove completely.

spurlock

Hi. My name is Mark Spurlock and i have a few pink Xenia. That i love...... And would love any you want to throw out. Don't care how much our little. I have a 240 gal reef tank that i can't want for them to over grow..Yes i know i think that now but i would love it all over my tank. Really
lol. the pink is so neat to stair at. So if you have any let me Know what the shipping would be.