I Am Starting To Hate Xenias

mantisman51

I started with 10 stalks of xenias back in January. They now COVER everything in the tank. My 100 or so zoas are now buried in a forest of xenia. Some guy on the local reef club forum asked why he couldn't keep them alive. I asked him how I can kill them and keep them dead. They are a menace. I need to just start AiptasiaXing them, but I hate to kill a coral. I swear, and I am not exaggerating, I must have THOUSANDS of them. They are even trying to bury my shrooms. I will give anyone in a 100 mile radius of Sierra Vista,Az all the xenias they want. IF ANYONE READING THIS WANTS TO ADD XENIAS TO YOUR TANK-DON"T!!!!!

teresaq

I would love some, but I am more them a 100 miles away.
Shipping??? I would even tell you how to get the best results on shipping
T

meowzer

Originally Posted by TeresaQ
http:///forum/post/3142424
I would love some, but I am more them a 100 miles away.
Shipping??? I would even tell you how to get the best results on shipping
T
LOL...ME TOOOOO....Funny how I can not keep it in my 225G, although I haven't tried in a long time....I don't want to spend the money since I have had it die before
I do have ONE (only one) small group growing in my 54G, and have not yet tried to put any in the 29G
I love the stuff :)

mantisman51

None here in the SV area. I gave about 30 of them to the reef store in Tucson a month ago-90 mile drive. I'll post a pic later.

drtito

I am in douglas
about a hour away and I would love some xenias.
My brother drives there everyday to work, what are your hours ? i could have him meet you and make a trade.
On a side note do you like tequila ?

mantisman51

I can give ALL you want FREE!!!!! I work in SV, so I would have to meet someone here tomorrow evening or Saturday. When you (or your brother) see my 125, you'll know what I mean. Lord in heaven, they are growing on my GSP! I'll pm you my ph #. How many you want? 200 or 300?

t316

mantis...I started out with one head a couple years ago. Within a year, I thought the same thing as you. The things had multiplied and started taking over one whole end of my 280. I was worried to death, although I love the look of Xenia.
But, I got an anemone some time after that, which has split 4 times and made more anemones, and these guys have perched themselves on rocks which over-shadow the xenia. Well, Xenia has all but died except for a about 10-15 stalks.
Point being, if you want to kill it off, cover it up from the light. Put something over the top of it (a frisbee it it's a large area), and it will retreat and die off...

keri

This is where my xenia lives, once it's big enough for me to cleanly pull off the rocks lol

meowzer

Originally Posted by T316
http:///forum/post/3143393
Is that the toilet keri? You know you can get money for those mugs at the lfs

LOL...yeah...or throw them in a sump...It seems that in Canada it is hard (and expensive) to get these...at least according to a buddy on here

flower

Before you give it all away....please post a picture...I really want to see what you are talking about.

mantisman51

I jsut found my camera. I am recharging the batteries. Titto's brother won't be by for almost 3 hours. I'll post some shortly.

mantisman51

First let me say that I have not been very attentive to glass cleaning. The xenias growing on the glass make it difficult. Second the water is low due to drip acclimating the newest shipment from SWF today.