i can not add fish to my tank

marlin1

Hi guys,
I got my tank set up about 4 months ago, i went trough the whole cycle with out any problems However, every time i tried to add new fish to my tank they die, i have a 30 g. tank with a few live rocks in it. The only fish that i have right now is a clown fish. i bought several fishes in the past four weeks and they keep dying for no reason, they last about 3 or 4 hours and then they die. I keep taking water samples to the pet store and they keep telling me that my water is perfect, that my nitrate, amonia, ph and salt leves are good and that they have no idea what is going on. I told them how I introduce my fishes to the tank when i first got them and they say that I am doing right. I tried to buy fishes from two different stores thinking that may be it was not me, but that did not work because, they keep dying and they keep telling me the same thing. I need help please !!!!!!
I want to know if you guys have any idea what i might be doing wrong or what can I do so every time i buy a fish it won't die or if any of you guys had that problem.....
Thank you::confused:

marlin1

I used the floating method( putting the bag in the tank and let it sit for 15min.) and i also used the dripping method (put the fish in a separate container and i let water in my tank drip until it doubles the water in the container)
Thank you:)

ricky1863

it may would help if you post water parameters and temp and what you have in the bottom sand or crushed coral and what kind of fish you have been buying

lizzard

And how long have you had the clown? Plus, which clown do you have? Some can be pretty aggressive.

salty cheese

Originally posted by marlin1
I used the floating method( putting the bag in the tank and let it sit for 15min.) and i also used the dripping method (put the fish in a separate container and i let water in my tank drip until it doubles the water in the container)
Thank you:)

How fast are you dripping? It should be a slow process. Have you read the instructions on the left side of the page?
Like ricky1863 said please post the water parameters, also where do you live? Is it cold? The temp acclimation might become a moot point if the temp in the bucket goes lower than the temp in the tank while you are acclimating. So either re-acclimate to the tank temp or try to keep the water in the bucket at or around the same temp as the tank.

marlin1

i just have gravel in the bottom of my tank,and i keep the temp. around 79. I live in NJ and yes it is cold right now. i put the fish inside of the container and drip the water really slow... it takes about 1 1/2s hour to double the water in the container.
Thank you

marlin1

my water levels are.. PH 8.2, Ammonia 0, Nitrate 0, Salinity 1.025 and temp 79.. i even used Cycle which is suppose to help you reduce fish loss and helps you keep your leves low... i use this product once every two weeks ....
thank you

fshhub

any nitrIte?
this too must ZERO
and quit wasting your money on cycle
stuff makes good garbage filler if you ask me
how much LR do you have?
what kind of and how much gravel do you have?
what do you use for filtration? circulation? and aeration?
do you clean the gravel and rock at all?

marlin1

yes my nitrite is 0. I clean my gravel and rocks once a month and i have about 40 pounds of LR. they have a little of algee growing on them that is why i wanted to buy a blennie but it die too when i tried to put it in the tank. The fish looks normal for the frist two hours or so and then they just lay on the gravel and go in shock when they are about to die.. is there anything i can do??????
Thank you