i can't beleive it-read this

shive

my dragon wrassel had been missing from the tank for a month--i was mad-i blamed the hermit crabs..thought they ate him-[sorry guys]..i changed over to a 120 gallon from a 55 yesterday-i used most the sand and left a little sand a water in the55 to be cleaned up today..i racked thru the sand last nite making sure i didnt leave any crabs-today i looked in the tank and saw something laying side ways moving-IT WAS MY WRASSEL..I TRIED TO MOVE MY LEGS WAS GOING-I WASN'T.finally my hubby ask what was the matter-i move into action-got the net-scoped him up-put him in the 125-he layed in his side for a moment-started swimming then barrowed into the sand-he looked good..our tank is in the lr and i get up alot at nite-my hubby is home at lunch-we never saw him..does any know why he stayed in the sand for so long.and what he ate?he was moving alot of rocks before he disappered..sorry this is so long--i'm excited and grateful to the keepre of the stars!!!:D

shive

yellow tang,blue tang,panther grouper.sharp nose puffer.small cardinal...the tangs get along good..never saw any one picking on him.also have a domino damsel and tamatoe clown-they all seemed to stay away from him--he moved rocks all day-reckon how he survived--i mean we didnt see him period

bigeyedfish

Wow! lemme say that i cant believe you didnt have more problems in that 55 gal. It was way over crowded. i can say that the 125 is still going to be pretty full. hope you dont have too many problems. Wrasses are known for burying themselves. he might have just been taking a dirt nap :) but wasnt actually dead. glad he's still alive. i recommend you keep an eye on fish stress especially the tangs.

shive

actually i had two tanks-a 55 and a 30--the tangs seem alot happier in the big tank--do wrassel hybernate-and will he come out again--i've searched for articals on dragons,but cant find any-plentyon wrassels,but none on dragons