I Can't Believe This????

rayraypico

i guess my first mistake was allowing my dad to fix something in my tank but anyway here is went wrong while i was out of town a week ago.
my overflow box somehow broke and my dad came to my house to feed my fish and discovered this??????????? anyway he used some goop (marine glue) to fix the overflow box. however mister genius decided to rush and half as_ it like everthing else he does and he ended up putting the overflow box back in the tank before the glue dried. for the last week i have been using my net continously skimming the glue off the top of the tank.
i started to think the glue would never go away, so i took everything apart and cleaned it (everthing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) still now two days later their is glue at the top of the tank.
after every cleaning i start to think its gone and i will never see it again and a few hours later their it is floating at the top of the tank.
help me
i will never allow anyone to fix anthing on my tank again!

E

elan

it keeps reproducing.. hu.... have you tried looking to see where its comeing from?.. it cant continue forever...
good luck with it

rayraypico

if anything leslie that is the positve side nothing has died as a result of this? however that is the only positive side.

dreeves

To openly bash your father in public is very disrespectful...no matter how awful he goofs something up...
If skimming glue off the top of the tank water is the worse you have to do with your tank...you are indeed fortunate...
But have some respect for your father...

rayraypico

its hard to respect someone who does not respect you!!!
don't want to bore you guys with family stuff this is a fish site not family matters site

bullshark

Could it be protein on the top of the water? Sorry to ask that if you are sure it is glue, but maybe it is protein...

killafins

Well wasn't it something that he came to ur house to feed the fish? That and he tried to fix ur tank? I mean, that's gotta count...
On the problem i almost bet the glue from the place he glued is comming off. It has to be comming from somewhere and i bet it's there. Take it out, clean the tank and see if it comes back. then try to fix the broken piece.

saltyj

yes I believe he did. He has ordered it for me and I am awaiting its arrival. I know he has been real busy and when I recieve it I will thank him. I apologize Ray if I ever came across as a jerk. Thanks for making things right with me......SO FAR.
Jeff

dreeves is right. You could let fish die and tank crash next time you go out of town. that might be better.

michaeltx

ya know what I dont know about other people but you came on the board with you opening post and nobody knows you or your dad or what has happened between you guys but thats between yall. but when I come to the board I dont care to see things such as what you posted and I dont think a lot of other people do either!!! your above post to me was over the line and uncalled for!! :mad:
if want advice from people treat them with some respect you will get farther than when you dont like what someone says and fly off the handle..
but for someone (anyone) to take time out of there life and go to your house and help you out on your tanks while you are out of town and doesnt cause a tank crash is something to be thankful for no matter if the cause you a little inconvience for a little while afterwards.
Mike

dreeves

Ray...
That is a hilarious response...very indicative as to exactly what we are dealing with here...
What I posted to you was not intended to offend you...and if it did I appologize for it...however...I still stand behind the entire family respect issue I made...that will never change...
As for your response with the homosexual ideations...I agree this is a fish site...not to be confused with a family counselling site...however...it is hardly a TV talk show to broadcast how one feels about anyone...that stuff went by the wayside with the fidonet free speech forum...but you did openly post an issue with one of your family members, blatanly disrespected your father in none the less a public fish forum...so I did indeed respond to it...
Maybe next time you could leave your family concerns where they are best left...within your family...then you would not have to read replies of when you openly disrespect your father on a public fish site hosted by a fine company which deals in aquaria related products....
You have a good day...

clownfish2

dreeves, Just my 2 cents worth but I do agree with you 100%. Family matters are best kept in the family not on public forum

ryebread

RAYRAYPICO:
I have deleted your worthless comments and I will now lock this thread up before it gets any worse......you have offended many people already. This site will not put up with that sort of nonsense. :)
As far as your superglue problem goes.......run a mechanical filter with some carbon to clear it up.
P.S. - Have respect for other people.