i cant catch this mother

diddykang

hey everyone i was wondering if anyone new a good way to catch a fish without rearangin rock and what not..i have a tomato clown and he is bein a real

[hr]
to catch!!thanks all

broncofish

This involves minimal rock movement might interest you though. Filled little rubbermade with tank water. I chased a pain in the a$$ damsel into a piece of rock@ the top of my tank. Quickly pulled the rock out and stuck it in one of my rubbermades. I then waited for her to swim out and netted her. rock went back into the tank, water went down the drain, and fish went back to LFS. Did the same thing with a strawberry psuedo once to.

nm reef

Wamp...one of really mean sharks that circles around these parts(LOL...*_^).....sent me a trap I used to catch and remove a pesky wrasse from my reef....worked but it did take several attempts...and the trap was sitting inside my reef for about 2 weeks before I caught the dang thing....but it was worth the effort. The wrasse is out of my reef and currently resides in my fish only system.:cool:

clarkiiboi

I've done this, but the fish catch on quick. Put the net into the tank, turn on the lights and then feed, try to be sly and quick and catch without it knowing what happened. And did I say (LOL) they catch on to that real quick

[hr]
I think they would rather starve at times, so you got about 2-3 chances and then game over, they win.

rex taylor

Well you won't want to hear this but the only way I got those pesky damsels, 6 of them recommended by LFS, was to take out all the LR. Then I want to home depot and had a piece of plexiglass cut to the inside dimension on the tank and it has to be pretty close because those fish can squeez through the smallest opening. I got them into a small space and netted them out. Only choice since the tank is 150 gal. Upshot is that the Aqua scape looks better.
Good luck,
Rex

tangtang

Well... I finally caught my flame angel tonight!!! She was chewed pretty bad by the aggressives in my 180 FO and still refused my help! <smile>
I've been at this off and on for apx. 2 weeks. I finally decided "one last try" while feeding tonight. I actually almost rethought the whole thing because I was on my way out and had very little time. It worked!!! While feeding on one side of the tank and used 2 nets on the other. Got her in the small net!!! I'm so happy! I'm so very happy! <smile> She is now the Queen of my 29 gallon!
You too can do it diddykang!!!
Linda