I cant tell if my anemone is dead or having babies...

phelpz

I have a pink tip haitian anemone thats I've had for about a month now. Its all shrivled up and the the isnt red anymore. its turned white, and you can see the orange spongy tissue in it.
It had been doing fine up til the last few days. I got up and there was a thick white trail of something coming from it. And now the trail has bubbles in it, and it didnt this morning.
I'm pretty new to all of this and have only had my tank for a few months. I cant find any info on what could be wrong with it.
Hopefully someone here will know.

jisushika

The anemone sounds like it is stressed. The tank is too new for an anemone, it needs a little more time to establish before adding anemones sine they are very sensitive. But what are your water parameters and what kind of lighting do you have on your tank?

phelpz

Yeah, it wasnt pooping. It died. I tested my water and everything was fine. It was doing really well up until the last few days. I have an 18" 50/50 light, and also a smaller 50/50 light that comes with nano tanks. Its only a 12 gallon tank. I also have a nano protien skimmer and the bio wheel type filter. The tank is about two months old, and I had the anemone in it since I set it up.
My fish are still fien though. kinda weird.

dawman

Fish are not as sensitive as anemones , along with anemones need a well established tank[at least 6-8 months] , pristine water , and proper lighting .

dawman

Originally Posted by saltyron
Anemones need Iodine(concentrated) also to insure survival

Most salts have proper amount of Iodine . Before adding any Iodine you need to get a Iodine/Iodide test kit as too much Iodine is a bad thing .

dawman

Your problem is that you put the nem in an immature tank with unstable water conditions , and don`t have the proper light .

ec

Out of respect to SWF please do not post links to competitor sites. !Journeyman

nycbob

can more people do research b4 buying marine specimens? its not fair to the animals. how come lfs dont let people know b4 customers buy something? its a waste of money and heartache when hobbyists dont research b4 buying. dont drain ur money like that no matter how much one has them. if one has extra money, donate it or put it in ur 401k. better yet, help pay down our national debt.