I caught that Wascally Damsel!

petem

I transfered my angel and Hummu trigger fish into the display yesterday. The Damsel immediately went up to the angel and started "whacking" him with his tail and body. The angel was hiding among the LR. He didnt bother the trigger, even though, the trigger was just smaller than him. Oh, the angel is slightly smaller than the Damsel as well. My option was, to take the Damsel out, and put him in QT for a bit, and then let the angel get accustomed to the display. However, I caught the Damsel by sheer luck. If I put him back, i'm worried that He'll start up again, and then, I may not be able to catch him. I asked my lfs, he said he'd take him back, but no credit. will be given. I feel bad giving him away, because he was my first inhabitant, and he survived my Ich outbreak, and the deaths of 5 other fish. any other ideas?

sly

Put him in a seperate tank just for him. I am going to do that with my panther grouper. I don't want to get rid of him either. He's my little buddy. :happyfish

stang393

Originally posted by PeteM
3 striped

If you were closer I'd say send him to me..
I have 10 damsels, they all get along great.

A

autopilot

I just caught my 3 stripped damsel last week. It took me over an hour and I had to totally rearange my LRs. I gave him to my LFS though I kind of miss him he was my first fish, he was just to mean to any newcomers or anything smaller than him.

jenn-e

Damsels are FAST the only way i found to catch mine was with a HUGE net, i know this is bad but he was chasing my angel and really stressing it out

wocka

its such a pain to get damsels out! i only have one big piece of LR and other base rock so i took out all the base rock and put the LR in the middle and swam at him with a 2" net and hes 1" lol. took a few mins till he gave up from swimming around so frantically. the only damsel i really liked was my domino damsel called " Darth Vader " ( mom named him ) he had such a good personality and tried going into my BTA :) he also had a hole in this rock that he would go into, too bad ich got the best of him

msd2

I read on here about someone feeding the fish in a net. I started to do it and they swim right into it w/o any fear after a few wks. Works great when someone has got to go ;)

bryonrw

Well here is one for you... I had about 5 damsels in my tank when I finshed cycling. Then I finaly went out and purchased more fish. However inorder to get those damsels out I had to take all my rock out (90 lbs). Then when I put the rock back in .. wouldn't you know it one was hiding inside the rock!!! :eek: However the one hasn't caused my problem :)
-Bryon