I did it

julius

It was hard but I got rid of the 2 triggers and the scorpionfish to go community,I traded them in to the LFS, for now a yellow tang swims about alone until I get something else in there. I got $80 store credit but I used that for the yellow tang and some salt and a some other dry goods.

thangbom

hum.... y did u rid of those nice fish??? and ouch the $$ lost on the trade.. he (lfs) got a perdy good deal off u.....

zelfin

Julius I went through the same thing. WHen I started I had to have the lion fish. Didnt take me long to realize I wasnt ready.
Good choice with the trade in. Wish you luck with the new fish.

hellspawn

Originally posted by JULIUS
It was hard but I got rid of the 2 triggers and the scorpionfish to go community...

I assume you traded the triggers so that you can get community fish.
I have a niger in my tank with 8 other community fish and no problems. The niger is quite a non-aggressive trigger that many people keep with community fish, they dont bother corals either. Only thing is if you wanted to keep inverts, the niger might eat em. I have had two cleaner shrimp in my tank for quite a while and my niger never bothers them.
The humu is not quite as docile as the niger, but several people on this board have had success with keeping them with community fish. The humus will eat corals, however.
Hopefully you did not listen to the reccomendations of some of the more uninformed people who think that triggers can't be kept with community fish. There are triggers like this such as queens, undulated, and clowns. But nigers, blue throats, pink tails, crosshatchs, and sargassums are fine with community fish (although soeme may not be with inverts). Some like the humu humu are in the middle and can end up being either way.

julius

one reason I got rid of them because they were gonna get too big for a 75gal,secondly I need a clean up crew to keep everything clean,3rd I can keep anything with them they will just kill it,like they did the parrot fish. So I rather be safe than sorry. My niger was a lil prick too.

julius

they yellow tang was 19.99,actually I got the 2 triggers for free when they were quarter size 2yrs ago. I think I came out alright. Remember a LFS is only gonna give you half of what they sell the fish for I really wasnt tripping on the price what he gave me for them.