i don't know what to do i need opinions

anthropo

i'm thinking of selling my 180 along with everything in it including my liverock and sand. plus the fish in it which includes my queen angel, pair of maroons, pair of bangaii's, a cherub angel, a purple tang, and 2 scooters. reason being is i'm straped for cash and it would be easy to sell this stuff. do you think i should tough it out or get rid of it?

wingnut sr

I guess you need to figure out how badly you need the cash, and if you want to go through starting all over again, if you decide to sell, and later wish you hadnt.

lion_crazz

Originally Posted by Wingnut Sr
I guess you need to figure out how badly you need the cash, and if you want to go through starting all over again, if you decide to sell, and later wish you hadnt.

I think you need to make that decision on your own. None of us know how bad you need the money.

T

tizzo

If your strapped for cash then you should sell it and I'll tell you why...
Not only will you get a little extra cash for it, but you will not have the burdening responsibility of upkeeping the tank, which in itself is costly.
Your electric bill will lower a bit, you will not need to purchase or produce RO water (if you are), fish food, any supplements you add, etc...
Your live rock will go the fastest so ask a good price for it. Post it on a local reef society sight and locals will pick it up.
You can start again later, whaen you are in a better financial position.
That's MHO.

S

saltfreak4

I agree with Lion, no one else can make this decision for you, you need to decide how badly you need the money. Good Luck, so sorry for your financial strife.

anthropo

thanks for the opinions so far...i'm not horribly strapped but if i did just keep a small tank the money situation would be better

lion_crazz

Well that might be a great idea. Set-up a 10-20 gallon tank and just do all coral, a few inverts, and a fish. That would look beautiful, be inexpensive, and you would still have the hobby you love.

anthropo

tough decision, i'm attached to the queen angel that's the only thing holding me back...otherwise i would

cjml

Originally Posted by Wingnut Sr

Its hard and expensive to start all over again-unless you really just want something smaller....thats ok too.... :happyfish :happyfish

anthropo

Originally Posted by thirty6
im looking to upgrade from a 90 to a larger tank. send me an email maybe we could work something out and you could keep most of what you have started. pit_136@hotmail.com
if i decide to sell i'll let ya know