I don't know who this woman is...

aquaknight

Originally Posted by Mimzy
http:///forum/post/2872668
how do u know she was parked in a illegal spot? it's somewhere in Asia. Lord only knows what on earth is actually going on there. There are no visible signs in the vid.
I have been accosted by these jerk towing people on several occasions and I was, on all of those occasions, PARKED LEGALLY. Sometimes they just want MONEY. One of these dudes came up behind me in a parking lot at night to lecture me about not paying enough attention to my surroundings as a young woman alone. Meanwhile I had my lefthand on my knife in my pocket and my right hand on my keychain-mace can. Towing companies aren't Justice on Wheels, you know.
I don't know for a fact that she parked illegal. It's unfortunately a judgment call. I am guessing she did because of the way she's acting. If someone was really trying to tow a car away with no just cause, I'd think the owner would be much more frantic/combative, then just the argumentative "I was only here for a minute" nature this girl showed. If it was me, the truck drivers keys would be on some rooftop, and the cops would be on the phone. In Florida, we have the right to defend our property with deadly force, so at least the ones around here only tow if they really have to (and often times have cops present).
It's an unfortunately fact of life there will always be a couple bad apples. Just because there are a couple rouge cops out there who do horrible things, doesn't mean we need to pull all the cops off patrol.

stdreb27

Originally Posted by bigarn
http:///forum/post/2872425
I'm impressed! She actually knew she has front wheel drive.

I wouldn't bet on it. I think it was a coincidence. Personally she just got lucky.
Originally Posted by Beth

http:///forum/post/2872514
Those towing companies can be vultures. If someone is illegally parked, then law enforcement should give them a ticket. Now, if it private property, then the owner can call the tow, but towing a car for a parking violation is, in most cases, legally stealing someone's car. Do you need to shoot a gun to kill a fly on the wall? Towing is overkill. If it wasn't a money maker, there would be no towing, so that says it all.
Towing companies are complete crooks. I've sold a lot of stuff to these unscrupulous people, and I only know one honest not out to

[hr]
you towing company.
But this is funny, and a setup. There is no way that is real. A tow truck who doesn't have themselves in park? Or the E brake on. Come on that looked like a new truck. There is no way he doesn't set himself before jacking up a car.
btw I know a few fireman. They have flat out told me if someone is in the fire lane they love it because they get to push it out of the way... (big bumpers) And there isn't a think the violator can do about it.

mimzy

Originally Posted by AquaKnight
http:///forum/post/2872771
I don't know for a fact that she parked illegal. It's unfortunately a judgment call. I am guessing she did because of the way she's acting. If someone was really trying to tow a car away with no just cause, I'd think the owner would be much more frantic/combative, then just the argumentative "I was only here for a minute" nature this girl showed. If it was me, the truck drivers keys would be on some rooftop, and the cops would be on the phone. In Florida, we have the right to defend our property with deadly force, so at least the ones around here only tow if they really have to (and often times have cops present).
It's an unfortunately fact of life there will always be a couple bad apples. Just because there are a couple rouge cops out there who do horrible things, doesn't mean we need to pull all the cops off patrol.
who? what? when did we start talking about dirty cops???

mimzy

Originally Posted by stdreb27
http:///forum/post/2872791
I wouldn't bet on it. I think it was a coincidence. Personally she just got lucky.
Towing companies are complete crooks. I've sold a lot of stuff to these unscrupulous people, and I only know one honest not out to

[hr]
you towing company.
But this is funny, and a setup. There is no way that is real. A tow truck who doesn't have themselves in park? Or the E brake on. Come on that looked like a new truck. There is no way he doesn't set himself before jacking up a car.
btw I know a few fireman. They have flat out told me if someone is in the fire lane they love it because they get to push it out of the way... (big bumpers) And there isn't a think the violator can do about it.
I was thinking that too - wouldn't he have put the truck in park b4 he got out of it?
AND have someone taping it at the same time? a few too many coincidences 4me.... but still... it's pretty darn funny. or at least, I think so

jtt

i watch this show, parking wars, i dunno if yall have heard of it, but its hilarious people yelling and screaming at the parking authority for towing and writing tickets when like, dude, it says no parking, why do you park there? people have 7 tickets and they are getting booted and they yell at the booter because they are mad for not paying the tickets.
stupid people.
but i did laugh at that video, im not gonna lie

1journeyman

Originally Posted by Beth
http:///forum/post/2872514
Those towing companies can be vultures. ......
Vultures exist to keep the world clean of disease ridden carcasses. Without rotting, bloated, worthless decaying flesh to feed on they would starve...
I think the analogy plays out well in both directions.
I also agree this is a setup. That said, from the hand gestures they are clearly pointing at a sign implying to me it was illegally parked.

mimzy

OMG!!!! Numbah 1 Journey AND Beth in the Hizzouse in MY thread at the SAME time.... quoting each OTHER!!!!
::dies::

jtt

Originally Posted by 1journeyman
http:///forum/post/2873495
Vultures exist to keep the world clean of disease ridden carcasses. Without rotting, bloated, worthless decaying flesh to feed on they would starve...
I reserve the right to steal this analogy

darthtang aw

Originally Posted by Mimzy
http:///forum/post/2872668
One of these dudes came up behind me in a parking lot at night to lecture me about not paying enough attention to my surroundings as a young woman alone. Meanwhile I had my lefthand on my knife in my pocket and my right hand on my keychain-mace can. Towing companies aren't Justice on Wheels, you know.

Pssst.......Guys don't do this to teach awareness....he was hitting on you.

jaymz

Originally Posted by AquaKnight
http:///forum/post/2872475
Interesting.... I guess tonight I will just park broad side across the street and block traffic, and run red lights and speed, just because it's convenient for me and I am 'fighting the power.' I guess everyone is just so special in their own eyes, they should just be allowed to do whatever they wanted... I mean obviously she absoluety had to be at whatever little restaurant or little shop was... God forbid she park in a proper spot.

And every jay walker should be ticketed
and if you are going 31mph in a 30mph zone you should be ticketed
and if you sign for your roomates certified package you should be jailed for falsifying documents
Come one everyone and there brother knows these days parking laws are just thier to make a buck.
In 2006 Indiana University made $1.6 million dollars in parking tickets. It was estimated that at the current rate by 2012 they would profit more from parking tickets then tuition.
Aqua sounds like you just need to surf a few different pages and clean the pipes. no need to be so snippy about a funny video and some one having respect for the lady for being brave enough to stand up to a legalized thief.

aquaknight

Sorry brother but no way. Had the thread been started in a different light, I would have been fine with everything, like just saying "Tow Truck didn't see that coming" or something. But putting this self-centered brat up on a podium really irked me the wrong way.
Obviously every jaywalker or 1mph speeder can't be ticketed. But on the off chance you were tagged for jaywalking or speeding, don't whine, *****, or moan. You were the one speeding, you were the one lazy enough not to walk the extra 300ft to properly cross at the intersection.
Sounds like Indiana has a big parking problem. UCF was very similar a few years back before we added over 50% more parking spots. I know I got fined a couple times. Was I steamed? Sure. But in reality it's really only my fault that I was too lazy to wake up earlier and get to class before the crowds got there.
As far as if, the fines are just there to make a buck, well, what else can the school do? It's obviously apparent that IU students don't understand that if you park illegally you might be a ticket. What should the school do? Just let everyone slide? Cause if so, I would probably just drive up and park next to my friggin class building, right on the grass...