I finally took the MH plunge!

alohami

Originally Posted by fishmamma
Aloha- What a character that goby is....so happy you finally got the clowns for your son. They are so fun to watch wiggle around the tank! What kind did you get? Any new pics you can post?
He is my favorite! He has so much personality for such a little fish. He was the first one in after I cycled my tank and that was almost a year ago already. Despite all he's been through in my tank he's still going strong.
I got two false percs. I had a gift certificate to my LFS that my brother got me for Christmas so I used that. One has a broader white band than normal and on the other one his middle stripe doesn't go all the way up on the one side so they are unique. They don't have names yet (other than "the Nemos"), but hopefully my son will come up with something more creative than "Yellow Fish" (the clown goby). He's only 3 so I can't expect too much. lol.
I have to get some new pics. Unfortunately I'm still fighting that little algae problem from the minor filter emergency I had a couple months back and I had to use tap water! It's gotten much better, and I just have to get in there and scrub off the last of it.
I'm also in the process of setting up a new 10 gallon in our bedroom. I have too much rock in my 16 and plenty of sand, so I'm just going to take some of that to set up the 10. That way I can make use of my old 80w PC light too!
I think I'm going to try to do all that tomorrow and I'll get some pics up of both of them when I get it done.

fishmamma

roo- You are probably right in your theory but I could never catch that Jaw unless I emptied out the tank......I went to a new LFS today up in New Hampshire and he had the best selection of fish and corals I have ever seen. Two species of Jaws, at least 8 or 9 goby species- and half of them are very rare and/or new to the hobby. SOOO COOL!!!! Anyway, the point is I am going back there one day for another goby for the Jaw tank.
Aloha- Can't wait to see some pics, that 10 gallon set-up sounds like a great plan.

So I came home with some goodies. They had a long bumpy ride and spent way too many hours in bags but I did bring a cooler, still, no hot pack. I got a gorgeous frogspawn, two sexy shrimp, lavender zoos and a small zoo frag with peach polyps and blue&green polyps. :jumping: :jumping: :jumping: So pumped to get this all in the new tank, I just hope the sexies and frogspawn make it after the day they have had. :scared: